We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe to Walk to Hostal Paris at 5:30am or after 6:00pm?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Safe to Walk to Hostal Paris at 5:30am or after 6:00pm?

I will arrive in la linea de la concepcion bus station at 5:30am from Madrid. Is it safe to walk from the bus station to Hostal Paris at 5:30am? And is it safe to walk from Gibraltar to Hostal Paris after 6:00pm? THank you.

11 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
17,404 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe to Walk to Hostal Paris at 5:30am or after 6:00pm?

Yes ,you will be okay to do both

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,552 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe to Walk to Hostal Paris at 5:30am or after 6:00pm?

My only worry would be that the Hostal may be closed at 5.30 as it only should take about 12 minutes to walk it. Sort of on the way is a hotel - Ohtels Campo de Gibraltar - where I suppose you could sit and wait a bit.

Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
5,092 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe to Walk to Hostal Paris at 5:30am or after 6:00pm?

The reception is 24 hour so shouldn't be a problem arriving early & leaving your stuff, but you may not be able to access the room until later.

The is a cafe opposite the bus station that is open early.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe to Walk to Hostal Paris at 5:30am or after 6:00pm?

Is it safe for an asian girl to walk alone with a luggage? Thank you for your suggestion.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe to Walk to Hostal Paris at 5:30am or after 6:00pm?

Not sure if I could leave a luggage in the reception and head to Gibraltar. Couldn't find the info. of the hostel.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,552 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe to Walk to Hostal Paris at 5:30am or after 6:00pm?

Well if it's definitely open at 5.30 then according to the hostal web site they do have luggage storage : Guardaequipajes

I didn't notice the opening hour.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe to Walk to Hostal Paris at 5:30am or after 6:00pm?

Read many news that the unemployment rate is high. Just worried whether it's still dangerous nowadays.

scotland
Level Contributor
17,404 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe to Walk to Hostal Paris at 5:30am or after 6:00pm?

It is not dangerous at all , normal rules apply when traveling anywhere ,and leaving your luggage will also be safe in the hostal, and its common to have luggage storage (normally in a small locked room )

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Safe to Walk to Hostal Paris at 5:30am or after 6:00pm?

Hey Jenni, I'm staying at La Linea de la Concepcion for the next couple of days. I'm staying at an Airbnb that's a block from the bus station and Gibraltar border. I'm nervous about it being dangerous and wanted to get your feedback. I also have to take an early taxi at 5:30 to get to San Roque-La Linea train station to catch a 6:30 train. Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Safe to Walk to Hostal Paris at 5:30am or after 6:00pm?

Definitely not safe to walk anywhere in La Linea after dark, me and my partner were mugged 100mts from our hotel campo de Gibraltar this place is known by the locals as dangerous due to underfunding the police are no where to be seen, stay in Gibraltar worth the extra money

Reply to: Safe to Walk to Hostal Paris at 5:30am or after 6:00pm?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted