We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mode of transport from GIB to AC Hotel in late evening

Edison, New Jersey
2 posts
1 review
Mode of transport from GIB to AC Hotel in late evening

Hello all,

I am booked to arrive to Gibraltar Airport around 9PM in the evening on a Friday. I saw that the hotel is 2 KM away so I would like to just walk but I am concerned of the safety of the hour (I am female and will be alone). I know there was a similar post fairly recently but that hotel was more inland. The route I would take would be along the water. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
24,032 posts
292 reviews
1. Re: Mode of transport from GIB to AC Hotel in late evening

Especially in summer that coast road is busier and the first hotel you reach is the Ohtels Campo de Gibraltar and then you have another 15 or so minutes walk. It would be safe to walk. The airport is newly built and when designing it the plans were to make a separate exit into Spain territory plus the one out into Gibraltar. Sadly no agreement was reached with the Spanish over allowing exit into Spain so one needs to walk across the space where vehicles are exiting to the low rise frontier post where you exit under the watchful eye of a border official. Taxis are lined up after reaching the road on your right in case you want to ask the price. It should all be tariff cost. for the short distance but with a minimum fee. It should not cost much so just ask?

Edison, New Jersey
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Mode of transport from GIB to AC Hotel in late evening

Great - thank you very much for your quick response! :)

Reply to: Mode of transport from GIB to AC Hotel in late evening
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Linea de la...