We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't make up my mind !

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Can't make up my mind !

I am hoping someone can give me a honest answer

I have got a good price to stay at O Hotel Gibraltar, it's location seems good as it's very close to the border I'm apprehensive about the area I've seen reviews about the area being very run down and not safe , I'm concerned as my mum is going to be travelling with me and my husband and she hasn't been to Spain before just want her to have a nice time

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,755 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't make up my mind !

It's adjacent to the road to Gibraltar and think it's the closest place to stay to border.

Have stayed a couple of times before current brand owners and if price is good then go for it. La Linea is a bit rough but I wouldn't call it unsafe.

https:/…REVIEWS

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't make up my mind !

It depends on your budget.

It's my first time to travel to Spain. As a young asian girl who travelled alone last month, I didn't really feel unsafe in La Linea. I arrived at 5am alone (another 2 passengers who dropped off in the same station but went in the opposite way. The only thing I felt unsafe is there's no people at 5am! I spent around 10 minutes to walk from the La Linea bus station to the city in La Linea and stayed for half an hour outdoors. And spent 15 mins to walk back from La Linea center to Gibraltar at 6am.

Later on I spent over an hour to walk from Gibraltar to Lidl in La Linea in the afternoon. Everything is ok, just not much people. Just don't walk around at night when you feel unsafe. It applies to all the places.

It's better than walking around in Martim Moniz in Lisbon, Portugal.

And thanks Cadiz_lover for telling me it's not an unsafe area.

Edited: 11 June 2017, 02:47
Reply to: Can't make up my mind !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted