We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel bus or bla bla taxis from Malaga Airport to La Linea

9 posts
Travel bus or bla bla taxis from Malaga Airport to La Linea

I will be arriving at Malaga on the 7th Dec around 1500 and traveling to la Linea. Would it be possible for someone to give me some current info. on bus times etc and the best way to get to La Linea please?

9 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
24,035 posts
292 reviews
1. Re: Travel bus or bla bla taxis from Malaga Airport to La Linea

The BlaBlaCar ride share is surely an option. Check on possibilities. Some rides are not offered until a few days before whereas others are more regular. People use cars to get from work to family etc and have routines. If you are lucky can take a convenient one. May mean taking train into Malaga and starting from there .

The airport bus service that Portillo/Avanaza offer to Marbella bus station is direct and seems one bus leaves at 15.20 and another at 17.05 according to this

…avanzabus.com/web/archivos/portillo/File/HO…

Rest of schedules cannot access due to server error.

There appears to be a bus from Marbella bus station to La Linea that departs about same time as the airport one arrives. (17.50 depart) which could tie in nicely if taking the airport one at 17.05

Maybe email informacion@avanzabus.com and ask ?

scotland
Level Contributor
20,713 posts
366 reviews
2. Re: Travel bus or bla bla taxis from Malaga Airport to La Linea

You can take a bus from Malaga (8 minutes away by train from the Airport ) at 16;15 which may be possible https:/…seleccion-de-servicio.html

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,103 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Travel bus or bla bla taxis from Malaga Airport to La Linea

Bla Bla are not taxis, they are ride shares. There is no fixed cost, you pay what is asked when you make the booking.

9 posts
4. Re: Travel bus or bla bla taxis from Malaga Airport to La Linea

Hello, thank you for the information about the bla bla rides. I do not speak any Spanish unfortunately, so do you think that is unlikely to work for me?

9 posts
5. Re: Travel bus or bla bla taxis from Malaga Airport to La Linea

Thank you for your response. On a very old post they mentioned an airport bus that goes to Marbella every 20mins. Do you know if this is still the case please?

scotland
Level Contributor
20,713 posts
366 reviews
6. Re: Travel bus or bla bla taxis from Malaga Airport to La Linea

Its possible , all depends who is doing that route on the day , at least you know the bus will be running , if you look at this link

https:/…seleccion-de-servicio.html

Edited: 30 November 2017, 11:54
London, United...
Level Contributor
24,035 posts
292 reviews
7. Re: Travel bus or bla bla taxis from Malaga Airport to La Linea

Blablacar appeals mainly to young professionals and you may find that your lack of Spanish is no hindrance so you can make contact with a driver and ask about the ride. I have had a ride from Malaga city to Jerez and the driver was young 30s professional who wanted to practice his English !.

9 posts
8. Re: Travel bus or bla bla taxis from Malaga Airport to La Linea

Hello again. May I ask if the bus from Malaga airport is easy to find, is the destination anywhere on the bus and where do you get your tickets for the bus please ie inside the airport?

Also when you get to Marbella does the bus stop at the bus stop or is it somewhere nearby and I will have to find it?

Thanks for all your help, I thought I would get the bus going to Gibraltar and may try the bla bla car on the way back.

scotland
Level Contributor
20,713 posts
366 reviews
9. Re: Travel bus or bla bla taxis from Malaga Airport to La Linea

The Airport bus departs outside the arrivals hall , https:/…

there is a ticket office as you exit the doors theloftsuite.com/alquiler-rental-suite-marbe…

Reply to: Travel bus or bla bla taxis from Malaga Airport to La Linea
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Linea de la...