We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

la linea to tarifa

mtv
colorado springs...
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
la linea to tarifa

If I want to catch the 9am ferry from Tarifa to Tangier, what is the best way to get to Tarifa from La Linea that morning. It appears that the bus schedules don't connect up to get the trip done before the ferry would leave Tarifa. Thanks for any help.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,833 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: la linea to tarifa

Bus schedule www.tgcomes.es

London, United...
Level Contributor
24,032 posts
292 reviews
2. Re: la linea to tarifa

The first bus from La Linea to Algeciras is at 7am and this should get to San Bernardo bus station by 7.45.

http://www.ctmcg.com/lineas-y-horarios.php

As you say the first bus from Algeciras to Tarifa appears to leave at 7.05 and then the next one at 8.45 so neither any good.

One possibility is to use the free shuttle bus service that Tarifa ferry companies FRS and COMARIT use.

I recently emailed COMARIT asking for the bus times and the answer was:

.................................................................................

Salidas Programadas Bus.-

07,15 - 08,30 - 10,30 - 12,30 - 14,30 - 16,30 - 18,30 - 20,30 -

22,30*

Los pasajeros que embarquen en el bus tienen que presentar el billete/cupón

de Comarit.

08,00* - 09,30 - 11,30 - 13,30 - 15,30 - 17,30 - 19,30 - 21,30 -

Los pasajeros que embarquen en el bus tienen que presentar el billete/cupón

de Comarit.

I assume that COMARIT have a sailing from Tarifa that will tie in with their bus shuttle. According to the schedule I just read on www.comarit.es they have a fast sailing at 10.00am taking 35 mins. So the 08.30 bus from Algeciras port is going to be the bus for passengers on the 10.00 sailing.

Now I am not sure what service times FRS offer from Algeciras port (ferry terminal building) so it is best IF you wish to travel by FRS to ask them directly about the transfer from ALGECIRAS FERRY TERMINAL and you can then take the first bus from La Linea and walk down to the ferry terminal - this takes about 15 minutes.

Of course you can always decide to take a taxi from outside Algeciras San Bernardo bus station to Tarifa ferry. Maybe this will cost €25 approx. and maybe take 30 mins maximum.

3. Re: la linea to tarifa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about La Linea de la...