We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus timetable from suvarnabhumi to chanthaburi

Podimore
Level Contributor
141 posts
370 reviews
297 helpful votes
Bus timetable from suvarnabhumi to chanthaburi

Can anyone please give me the timetable and cost of a bus from the airport direct to Chanthaburi? How long does it take??

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Bangkok
Level Contributor
788 posts
319 reviews
93 helpful votes
1. Re: Bus timetable from suvarnabhumi to chanthaburi

I took a bus from Mochit to Chanthaburi in October 2017. I think the system hasn't changed.

The bus from Mochit departed at around 7.30am. It will stop at the Suvarnabhumi bus station (you have to get a shuttle from airport to the bus station). I think it was at the bus station around 9am or thereabouts.

I'm not sure how much is the price, but I paid around 250B from Mochit to Chanthaburi. So I reckon Suvarnabhumi to Chanthaburi should be around there or only slightly less. Not terribly expensive.

---

But I also remember a counter at the airport that provides connection from Suvarnabhumi to Chanthaburi. It may be private operator by CherdChai tour. Maybe on a 30seater bus or even on a smaller mini-van.

I dislike mini-vans cos they tend to speed and the center-of-gravity for mini-vans are higher, hence prone to skidding and when cornering, it may even turn-turtle.

However some people prefer mini-van. So up to you.

Bus is good, but terribly long journey (around 4-5hrs) cos I think there are no VIP services to Chan. Only 1st Class.

1st Class will stop for one meal break and at several points along the way to pick-up/drop-off passengers.

But fear not, your eventual destination will be Chanthaburi bus station.

Alternatively you may want to take a taxi. I've done that before. Taxi costs around 3500B one-way. This price can be haggled but I think there are also price lists that may fix the price so around 3000-3500B can get you there, quicker.

But if you are considering taxi, please choose the driver. Don't hop on the first taxi and get the chap to go to Chanthaburi. Find out if the fella is comfortable with driving that distance or not. Some are idiots. They have never gone to Chan, but will take anybody travelling far due to the money they can earn. You may get lost along the way, even though Chanthaburi is really a straight road (Sukhumvit) from Bangkok.

Hope this suffice as a tip for you.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
788 posts
319 reviews
93 helpful votes
2. Re: Bus timetable from suvarnabhumi to chanthaburi

Here's another tip for going to Chanthaburi... try this.. TakeMeTour.

https://www.takemetour.com/

They have tours going to Chanthaburi.

The guides there are all freelance so you can negotiate for a driver+veh to take you to Chan, and skip all the tourist spots for later or never.

Price can be haggled. Some even will settle for no deposit (via the app/website) and trust that you will engage the trip.

But this will depend on how you communicate with the guide.

I once managed to get two-way trip for 5000B (that's 2500B up and 2500B back).

But it's done 'behind the back' of the TakeMeTour facility so the driver had all the profit, without the app/website taking a cut. Driver happy, I'm happy.

We had a good ride. I even spent 3 nights there. (note if you want driver to spend nights away, you may have to pay for an additional room or top-up some baht for the driver's accommodation).

Reply to: Bus timetable from suvarnabhumi to chanthaburi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chanthaburi