We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry taxes and departure taxes

Canada
Level Contributor
573 posts
4 reviews
Entry taxes and departure taxes

Booked through Expedia flight and hotel

Flying with air transat

Asked about the taxes. Expedia told me they do not cover these taxes try contacting air transat

Air transat told me to contact Expedia confused thought the only airline that does not include was sunwing

Any help

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
44,264 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Entry taxes and departure taxes

Even though you are booked through Expedia you are flying with Air Transat who include both the tourist card and departure tax. You must have got an Air Transat customer service agent who does not know the correct info when booking with a 3rd party rather than booking direct with them.

Angie.

Canada
Level Contributor
573 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Entry taxes and departure taxes

Thanks Angie that's what I thought. Will bring extra $ just in case

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Entry taxes and departure taxes

It should be on your ticket, saying what is included and what is not. To have extra cash is a good idea, in this case is not that much, just in case as you said.

Denise

Rockland, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
44 reviews
4. Re: Entry taxes and departure taxes

The only time I got to pay entry and exit taxes is when flying Sunwing. Last March flew WestJet and taxes included in price .

Rockland, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: Entry taxes and departure taxes

The only time I got to pay entry and exit taxes is when flying Sunwing. Last March flew WestJet and taxes included in price .

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
154 posts
6. Re: Entry taxes and departure taxes

You will get it on the plane.

7. Re: Entry taxes and departure taxes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2018, 00:16