We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay at Los Melones, La Altagracia, Cadaques Caribe?

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Stay at Los Melones, La Altagracia, Cadaques Caribe?

Hi - we are looking at vacation rentals and may be looking at one in the Cadaques complex. Anyone ever stay there? Is it a decent resort? are there restaurants/ stores nearby? We were looking into an all inclusive in Punta Cana but found this to be much cheaper and on the beach.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks! Britney

Oh, and none of us in our party speak much Spanish. Will this be an issue? I am hoping to find time and get an app to brush up on my two years of highs school Spanish I took. I really want to learn it so we can travel abroad feeling more secure with our communication skills! ;-)

1 reply
Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay at Los Melones, La Altagracia, Cadaques Caribe?

Cadaques is a really nice hotel, it's my favorite in the area. They have one restaurant at the property, there are couple in Dominicus village, a 20 minute beach walk or a 5 minute taxi ride. Many more to choose from in Bayahibe, about 7 minute taxi ride from Cadaques. If you want to do some serious shopping you will have to go to La Romana city - 15 minute taxi ride. For some souvenirs Bayahibe is OK.

You won't find as many people speaking English in Bayahibe area as in Punta Cana, but SPanish is the official language, so start with the app now :) Saying that, you will always find somebody who speaks English.

Denise

Reply to: Stay at Los Melones, La Altagracia, Cadaques Caribe?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted