We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dealing with smoking at resort

Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dealing with smoking at resort

We are planning a trip for the week before Easter with our two daughters. I have read that there is a lot of smoking cigarettes and cigars in public outdoor areas at all the resorts. My daughters are pretty intolerant of smoke so wondering if we can work around it (move around, find non-smoky areas, etc) or if it’s just too bad to avoid. Advice welcome.

3 replies to this topic
burton on trent
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dealing with smoking at resort

No where near as bad as people were saying!... thought the beach pretty clear of nub ends too... you be sound... have good hols👍

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dealing with smoking at resort

At which resort are you staying? I often find that the number of smokers depends on the clientele at the time and the people of some countries travel at different times than others. As in, statistically more Russians smoke than Italians and more Italians smoke than Americans, who smoke more than the British. A number of the resorts in Dominicus have a high population of Italians. I believe that most of the hotels have adopted a no smoking policy in restaurants so that's a bit of a break.

Beachside is usually breezy which helps to clear the air!

Kaki

Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dealing with smoking at resort

That does make sense. We are staying at Viva Wyndham Dominicus, so lots of Italian clientele, and our family is of Italian heritage, so we kind of like that, just not the smoking part. Going the week before Easter.

Edited: 30 October 2017, 06:15
Mentioned in this post
Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace - An All-Inclusive Resort
Viva Wyndham Dominicus...
3,874 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Reply to: Dealing with smoking at resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;