We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach walk

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Beach walk

We've booked at Dreams La Romana in February and this is our first trip to this side of the island. It appears the beach area is smaller which I expected but can anyone give me some insight into the beach area and walking. We generally like to stroll the beach (easy to do in Punta Cana) and cannot tell if this is doable here. I am not talking miles of walking but just the ability to go for a walk without having to get knee deep in water to maneuver around things. Thought we might be able to walk the beach into Bayahibe or down the beach to spot other resorts in the area. TIA for any/all input.

Mentioned in this post
La Romana
La Romana
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Bayahibe
Bayahibe
Dominican Republic
2 replies to this topic
Edmonton
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach walk

We found it was a nice walk along the beach or the path behind the public beach and houses, walking into Bayahibe, going by the quaint little Catholic church and up to the end of the point. Excellent walk to watch the sunset before having a dinner off resort at one of the fine and reasonably priced restaurants in town. I would recommend catching a taxi afterwards back to the resort as it is quite dark and the path not lit. Try a look at Google Earth for a satellite view of the area and you will get a better idea.

One of the beauties of DLR is it is on its own and there are no nearby resorts to check out. The other resorts are a very long walk to Dominicus. If you want to walk a beach, you could always take a taxi to Dominicus beach and walk along it.

Edited: 02 November 2017, 08:10
Mentioned in this post
Bayahibe
Bayahibe
Dominican Republic
Dominicus Beach
Dominicus Beach
62 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach walk

DLR is the only resort on this beach, easy beach walk to Bayahibe village and back. You can also walk between Bayahibe and Dominicus, however that is not a beach walk, it's a pathway following the coast - fast walk 40 - 50 minutes one way, slower pace about an hour. Or take a guagua or taxi to Dominicus public beach and walk along the shore to see the rest of the resorts in the area.

Mentioned in this post
Bayahibe
Bayahibe
Dominican Republic
Reply to: Beach walk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted