We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield...
Level Contributor
59 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams

My husband and I are thinking of booking a trip in April to Dreams La Romana. But have a couple of questions:

1) Is the La Romana airport safe? The reason I ask is we keep being told that Santo Domingo is the preferred airport for Dreams, and I don't understand why...La Romana is much closer, and we are getting a great price flying in there. Just wondering why it seems they are trying to deter us from flying into La Romana.

2) What perks do you receive with the Prefferred Club? Is the price worth it...it is going to coust us about $200/person more for the preferred club.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,034 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams

Absolutely opt for the La Romana airport if you can. There is not one benefit that I can see (better shopping at SDQ?) to flying in and out of Santo Domingo. I love LRM for service, location and amenities.

The listed Club benefits are:

Private Preferred Lounge

Private Preferred Pool

Private Preferred Beach

Preferred Status and Amenities

Concierge service

Daily continental breakfast service in the lounge

Afternoon hot and cold hors d'œuvres

Exquisite desserts & fine liquors in the lounge

Complimentary newspaper in room every day (English or Spanish)

Free internet access in room

Free computer access in Preferred Lounge

Upgraded mini-bar service

Upgraded bath amenities

I don't know which are the upgraded bath amenities, but maybe I'm not appreciating some of the shoe kit type things that I've received. I don't always read the Miami Herald that I get in the room, but it's a good way to stay in touch with the world if you're a newspaper type. I like being out with the people and where the action is so tend not to use the PC pool, but it's really beautiful and if you like quiet and privacy, it's a real bonus. I do, however, like the PC beach and the free internet. The concierge service is excellent, and the rooms are perfectly wonderful. $200 seems to me a small price to pay for the extras...I'd surely feel like I got a deal. It depends on what you'd personally be using and the value that you'd place on each item.

Kaki

Springfield...
Level Contributor
59 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams

Thanks for the great information!

One more question...I thought that Dreams were adult-only, but now I see they are not. Are there typically a lot of children at Dreams La Ramona?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,034 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams

"A lot" is a relative term. Dreams is a "family" brand and they do welcome children with open arms. They have a full day's schedule of events for kids and a well developed kids Explorers Club. All of that can mean that the kids are well entertained and not ornery, and often not within sight too. There will be more kids at certain times of the year when school is out (in April, that would include Easter) but some parents take their kids out for a week at a time for vacation. Preferred Club welcomes children too, but that is one of the quiet things about that area too. There isn't the same concentration of children per room in the PC area as in the rest of the hotel, and the pool is so laid back and quiet that kids get bored there and would rather play on the ocean trampoline, on the iceberg in the main pool, at the Explorer's Club, in the babies pool... If you're a parent hoping that there will be lots of kids there, you could end up happy or disappointed, and if you think you're going when there won't be many kids, you could feel the same way!

Kaki

Springfield...
Level Contributor
59 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams

Thanks for the information!

5. Re: Dreams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 21:16