We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paraiso Lindo vs. Paraiso Beach

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Paraiso Lindo vs. Paraiso Beach

Hi,

I am taking my family and 18 month old daughter on holiday in May. Which hotel would you recommend more highly - the Paraiso Lindo or Paraiso Beach? We are all beach lovers and want to go swimming in the sea.

Does the beach get crowded, if so would you recommend somewhere else? We are looking for relaxtion.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
395 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paraiso Lindo vs. Paraiso Beach

The two share the same beach (but there are less rocks in the water in front of the Lindo). The beach can be rough depending on the weather but it is like that in most places along the Mayan Riviera. I never found the beach to be too crowded.

If cost was no object then the Lindo definately gets you more. You get to eat at the a la cartes every night versus 3 out of 7 nights at the Beach. The rooms are a bit nicer at the Lindo. With the Lindo you actually get to use all the facilities at the Beach but the opposite is not true. If you stay at the Beach you are not allowed to use the Lindo facilities. The extra facilities at the Lindo include a lazy river and wave pool. That said, I doubt you will be dissapointed with the pool area at the Beach.

We stayed at the Lindo a couple of years ago and really loved it. It is the hotel we have enjoyed the most in our travels and would go back in a minute. That said, the Beach is a nice hotel also and can usually be had for cheaper than the Lindo (which is expected given it is a 4 1/2 star versus 5 star at the Lindo). Depending on the price I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Beach.

For much more info on the Ibersotar resorts you might want to check out www.iberostar-board.com/boards/index.php . It is a forum dedicated to the different Iberostar hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Mayan Palace at Vidanta Riviera Maya
Mayan Palace at Vidanta...
4,428 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
UK
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Paraiso Lindo vs. Paraiso Beach

Thank you for your feedback - you have helped us decide on the Lindo 100%.

Toronto
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paraiso Lindo vs. Paraiso Beach

we just returned from the Beach and what I could add is that we were able to use the Lindo Pools including the lazy river/Wave pool the only limitation is that they will not serve drinks.

As far as the Sea swimming all properties shares the same beach we always liked the area between Beach/Lindo as it had the least rocks.

During our stay we took a trip to PDC and stopped by the Tucan property what I can comment on is that Beach area in Paraiso is twice as wide as the Tucan and as result it will always feel less crowded.

Enjoy your trip.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
395 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paraiso Lindo vs. Paraiso Beach

slenfe, while it may be the case that no-one really polices it, as a guest at the Beach you are not supposed to use the facilities at the Lindo including the lazy river and wave pool. The fact that you decided to ignore that rule doesn't mean it is allowed.

Toronto
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paraiso Lindo vs. Paraiso Beach

actually asked onsite and they indicated that we can use the pool. not sure if they have changed the rule.

Though my verdict on; both pools that they are over rated especially during the winter time. Lazy river was cold in Jan and Wave pool is on for 20 minutes on the hour it's a good experience but defiantly nothing will make me choose the Lindo for.

to be clear Lindo is more Luxurious resort compared to Beach/Del Mar; We reserved Del-Mar but was given a room at Beach next to the kids club ‘building 34” Lindo was across the us “2 minutes walk’ although we did not spend much time at the Lindo my observations is that beach was more casual atmosphere.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paraiso Lindo vs. Paraiso Beach

slenfe, who did you ask about Beach/Del Mar guests using the pools at the Lindo/Maya? If there has been a policy change at Iberostar, it would be nice to know more.

Toronto
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Paraiso Lindo vs. Paraiso Beach

We asked reception at Beach and they said you can use the pool but no Drinks. at the Lindo there were only concerned but the drinks otherwise no one care.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paraiso Lindo vs. Paraiso Beach

Interesting, thanks. I'm going to try to contact management at the Lindo/Maya to find out if that is the policy now and when it changed.

IMO they will have a hard time justifying the higher price point for the Lindo if the only real added amenity is nightly a la carte dining.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
9,043 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paraiso Lindo vs. Paraiso Beach

In addition to the larger number of ala carte dinners, you also get all air condionted restaurants at the Lindo and a concierge to make your reservation so you don't have to stand in line to get them yourself.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paraiso Lindo vs. Paraiso Beach

I emailed the Lindo/Maya and there has not been a change in policy. Pools at the Lindo and Maya are NOT open to guests at the Beach and Del Mar. The reception desk at the Del Mar was either misinformed or misunderstood. Here is the actual reply.

Dear xxxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the matter explain bellow:

Guests at Iberostar Playa Paraiso Lindo and Maya share the main swimming pools. The lazy river is open every day between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Flotation devices (tubs) are readily available for guests at the entrance of the lazy river. The wave pool works daily between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. It works 15 minutes period on the top of the hour. Please note that there is no wave pool service at 2 p.m.

We also would like to quote the fact that IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar & Beach are not allowed in to IBEROSTAR Paraiso Lindo, Maya or del Grand. IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso facilities has exclusivity for its guests as well.

We will pass the information over to the Front Desk at IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar & Beach, for them to stop providing the wrong information if that is the case.

We hope the information provided above is helpful, please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

Luz Hernandez

Relaciones Publicas

Tel. + 52 984 87728 00 Ext. 8395

Fax: +52 984 877 28 49

Mentioned in this post
Playa Paraiso
Playa Paraiso
4,235 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar
Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar