We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagunas de Montebello WOW!

Pharr, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
7 helpful votes
Lagunas de Montebello WOW!
Save

Hello everyone,

I just got back from Chiapas I was there for 10 days.

Something I wasn't told or hadn't heard about were the Lagunas de Montebello. Intrigued by what we heard, my family and I decided to go. It is down south one hour from the town of Comitan. The drive was safe.This place is definitely worth it! Its a huge national park taken care of by the government. This park consist of mountains, forests, many lakes, virgin cenotes, and massive lagoons. The color of these waters are wonderful. Within this park you can go horseback riding, canoeing, swimming, and you can also camp or stay in the cabins. The Guatemala border is just 20 minutes away. The park is huge so I recommend if you have space in your vehicle to get a guide. There are many men posing as guides on your drive to the park. But wait until you enter the park. In the park you will find Oscar, he is a certified guide and has received training. We were so fortunate to have found him. He is extremely nice and very knowledgeable about the parks history and whereabouts. If you are interested he gave us his number, we recommend him a lot! He does not charge anything you will only give him a donation of what you think is fair. Go early! by 6:00pm it begins to darken.

4 replies to this topic
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
2,658 posts
102 reviews
208 helpful votes
1. Re: Lagunas de Montebello WOW!
Save

Thanks for sharing your experience. Sounds memorable!

Calgary
Level Contributor
16 posts
50 reviews
50 helpful votes
2. Re: Lagunas de Montebello WOW!
Save

I would love his contact info. We're driving there shortly

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
540 posts
20 reviews
30 helpful votes
3. Re: Lagunas de Montebello WOW!
Save

Me, too..does he have an e-mail contact? I speak Spanish..many thanks..

Pharr, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
7 helpful votes
4. Re: Lagunas de Montebello WOW!
Save

Hello, He messages through WhatsApp

+52 1 963 153 8827 he does not have a lot of signal.

Let him know Gerardo sent you so he does not hesitate in helping you. He only speaks spanish.

Reply to: Lagunas de Montebello WOW!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
Canada (English)
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.