We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Studios Agios Nikolaos advise please?

Southampton
Level Contributor
96 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Studios Agios Nikolaos advise please?

Has anyone stayed in the Sunset Studios Agios Nikolaos? It is on the Olympic Holidays website and we are considering booking to stay there next June but we can't find any information about them and there are no reviews on Trip Advisor. We want to know how many rooms there are? Are there tavernas within easy walking distance? How close is Agios Nikolaos - can we walk down to the village in the evening? Where is the closest beach? Any advise would be really appreciated thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Studios Agios Nikolaos advise please?

Hi there, we too are off to the sunset studios in a week or so and wondered if anyone had been there as it is still tough to find any info on them. If anyone has any experience of them, it would be great to hear

Southampton
Level Contributor
96 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Studios Agios Nikolaos advise please?

tHi we ended up going to the Litsa in June but while we were there I went and had a look at the Sunset Studios. I didn't see inside the apartments but I can tell you they sit just back off the Stoupa to Aeropolis Road just before the turning down to Agios Nikolaos village. It was very quiet with a large pool and plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas. You might get a little noise from the main road which runs past. If you request an upstairs room at the back facing the sea you will get sunset views, the downstairs rooms at the back look out over an olive grove. There is a path down the side which takes you down to the Ag Nik to Stoupa path. Its about 5 minutes to Gnospi cove which has a diving platform and a further 5 minutes walk to Ag Nik harbour where you'll find the supermarket and tavernas. Hope this helps

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
5,005 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Studios Agios Nikolaos advise please?

Apart from the Gnospi swimming cove for confident swimmers (because you get down a ladder straight into deep water) the nearest beach is the shingle/pebble Pantazi beach about 1km from the village. Or of course the two sandy but crowded beaches at Stoupa. Ag. Nikolaos is very pretty and there are several good tavernas along the seafront road which is closed to traffic in the evening so they can put out tables and chairs.

UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Studios Agios Nikolaos advise please?

Wow, thank you georgiegirl17 and 2bristolians. Lovely to hear about the village and location of the apartments. Great news about Gnospi cove, great alternative to the trek to the beaches. Pleased to say we do have an upstairs studio booked - images of the sunsets online in this area look fantastic - so hopefully we will be enjoying them from our balcony very soon!

One other very quick question, i'm assuming as the village still seems to be more traditionally greek, the tavernas are open late? dont think we will arrive in Ag Nik till 10pm at night which im hoping will still be good for a quick meal?

I'll do a little report of the studios when i return for others. Thanks again for your info :)

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,005 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Studios Agios Nikolaos advise please?

You'll be fine at 10pm, we never eat until around then. BTW to find Gnospi you walk a few metres along the start of the Ag Nikolaos to Stoupa path, and Gnospi is signposted off to the left. I can't remember if the sign is in English it might only be in Greek which is ΓΝΩΣΠΗ.

To whet your appetite for the village and the area here is my trip report from last September (and we'll be back this September!). tripadvisor.co.uk/…53124087

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Studios Agios Nikolaos advise please?

Bristol, just re-read your report from last September, great reading. I'll be back again mid September and can't wait.

UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset Studios Agios Nikolaos advise please?

Such a fab trip report and yes, appetite now truly whetted and i can't wait till we get out there! Thank you for the directions to Gnospi, i have been avidly staring at google earth the last day looking for pathways and checking out peoples pictures! i am totally stealing your report for ideas of places to visit as we will have a car for a couple of days.

thank you again 2bristolians and i hope you and nursecarol both have wonderful holidays in september

Edited: 23 July 2014, 05:16
Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,005 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset Studios Agios Nikolaos advise please?

My pleasure. A circular trip around the Mani peninsula makes a great day out. Go down the west side, stopping at some of the ancient villages. Areopolis looks like nothing from the main road but if you stop and park in the square then walk through to the old part it is really pretty. The views as you go around the Bay of Itylo are spectacular. Be sure to visit Vathia with its cluster of tower houses. Go back up the east side then cut across back to Areopolis to complete the circuit. Hope you have a great time, I'm sure you will !

London
Level Contributor
445 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunset Studios Agios Nikolaos advise please?

Has anyone stayed at the Sunset, Agios Nikolaos, in 2014.................we have booked with Olympic Holidays to go in June 2015 and would like to hear from anyone who has been there recently - many thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunset Studios Agios Nikolaos advise please?

Hi Shepre,

Yes, you will not be disappointed! We stayed there this July. I must apologise to everyone who previously answered my questions on this thread as i still haven't left my review - but i will do so this weekend.

The apartments were great. we were on the first floor, second in from the left and had an amazing view from the balcony. no probs with apartment, very clean, comfy bed, air con etc. bit of a walk into Ag Nik but it suited us just fine. It was quiet when we stayed and we had the pool to ourselves whenever we went down there although we spent our days at the beaches and coves really.

It is such a beautiful area and Ag Nik itself is perfect. really beautiful, great food, felt greek which is what we were looking for. Glad we were here rather than stoupa like everyone else on our transfer bus!

If you have any specific questions, give me a shout and i'll try and help :)

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations