We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi to the Airport !!!

Berlin, Germany
7 posts
taxi to the Airport !!!

hello ,

we are thinking to leave on sunday or monday !!( wenn our Post arrvive !!) .

How does it cost to take a taxi from Speighstown to the Airport ?

do you recommend someone ?

we are 4 ( 2 adultd and 2 children 0 with 4 luggage !!

Thanks for your Answer ...

friendly ..

teresa

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,482 posts
383 reviews
1. Re: taxi to the Airport !!!

That cost will be $90 BBD approximately. I would recommend you ask the proprietor of the place where you are staying to arrange it for you. Alternatively, call the Taxi Stand at the Almond Beach Village (422-4900), ask to be transferred to the Taxi Stand and make the arrangement as this is the closest taxi stand to you.

Regards

Maidenhead, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,574 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: taxi to the Airport !!!

In April 2010 the 'Official Taxi Fares' board at the airport showed Speightstown to be 73BDS$ and any point north of Speightstown as 83 BDS$

If booked in advance I don't see any reason why the reverse should be much more

...and as discussed a number of times recently on this forum those fares still seem to be valid ......unless you arrange this through a hotel or agent who will then inevitably put on some kind of mark up ...often more than you would deem fair

As ever worth some negotiation if you are quoted more

Edited: 20 July 2011, 13:28
Bathgate, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: taxi to the Airport !!!

With a party of 6 you will have to get a mini van rather than normal taxi. The price for this will will be around a third more...

This happened to us on arrival, the board said 60 dollars but our ticket was written up as 90 dollars.

bridgetown
Level Contributor
38 posts
4. Re: taxi to the Airport !!!

Hi Mike

You are absolutely correct. It is the same up or down and the fares have not changed.

Taxicabby

Maidenhead, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,574 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: taxi to the Airport !!!

I believe they are 4 + luggage not 6 ..... so should be OK in a standard taxi

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,482 posts
383 reviews
6. Re: taxi to the Airport !!!

kezmarty is absolutely correct

They will require a van and not a car. That will with no doubt be $90-$100 BBD as all taxi drivers will take into account the quantity luggage. There are no regular cars which are taxis that will hold 4 persons and 4 pieces of luggage at the same time. I'm not even certain what quantity of hand luggage they have.

I live in the north of the island minutes away from Speightstown and I can assure you, the taxi fare sign at BGI has no effect whatsoever on the fares that taximen charge to the airport. I've arranged taxis for families of four from Port St. Charles to the airport on two occasions last year and one was charged $90 BBD, the other was charged $95 BBD. The other problem is, when the sign at the airport was erected, petrok in Barbados was $2.67 BBD a litre, it has just gone to $3.23 a litre, so if they haven't already, those prices will be adjusted upwards shortly.r

Regards

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
7. Re: taxi to the Airport !!!

taxicabby....will they need a van?

bridgetown
Level Contributor
38 posts
8. Re: taxi to the Airport !!!

In the final analysis, if the luggage fits, it will be Bd$73.00 from Speightstown.

If it does not, then the cost of a van comes into play and Bd$90.00 is reasonable.

Mind you, the driver can still charge Bd$73.00 if he wishes......... One extra suitcase is not going to tilt the van and make it fall sideways.......

If it was me........ I am sure that I would still get my Bd$90.00 from a Tip addition considering I am a good and friendly talker........ ha ha.......

Have a great week, everybody!

Taxicabby

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: taxi to the Airport !!!

A luxury taxi such as a Range Rover would cost approx BDS$120.00 from Speightstown. This should give ample space for 4 people with 4 bags.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
208 posts
10. Re: taxi to the Airport !!!

Why would a range Rover cost more to hire as a taxi,do you charge according to brand name vehicle or distance when it comes to taxi?

Get answers to your questions about Speightstown