We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speed Boat Tours

Elmvale, Ontario
Level Contributor
84 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Speed Boat Tours

Could anyone who has recently done this tour give me some feedback on it, the only topic I see on it is from 2009. And I wondered if anyone knew of any similar option but without the snorkelling, love the water, but not a snorkelling fan.

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Speed Boat Tours

We did this tour twice last year because we enjoyed it so much. You go to a jetty in the mangroves to go swimming but this is optional, you can just sit on the jetty and watch if you don't fancy going in the water.

Elmvale, Ontario
Level Contributor
84 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Speed Boat Tours

Thanks, love swimming, just not a fan of snorkeing. Did you book it through the hotel and can you tell me how much it cost?

Edited: 10 January 2011, 12:21
Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Speed Boat Tours

It costs around $40 CUC/ person (that was from Cayo Coco) and is offered in the morning and the afternoon. And you can definitely opt to not snorkel.

Edited: 10 January 2011, 14:26
East Midlands...
Level Contributor
532 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Speed Boat Tours

I did the speed boat trip a couple years ago and would not hesitate to recommend it. as previously said, the snorkeling is optional, but from what I remember, there is a rope suspended just under the surface that runs from the begining of the stretch of tidal river to the end where you turn around and let the flow carry you back to the jetty where the speed boats are moored. So instead of snorkeling, you could hold onto the rope and make your way along, it would be a shame if you missed out on that because in most places the river is probably not more than 20 foot across with stunning views of the mangroves and the wild life therein. Great if you have a waterproof camera. Be brave and have a go, you'll be glad you did, honest.

Elmvale, Ontario
Level Contributor
84 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Speed Boat Tours

Thanks, that sounds like a great plan, I am a strong swimmer so that would not be a problem, and it certainly sounds like there is more to see than just what is under the water :)

oshawa
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Speed Boat Tours

This is well worth the money we had a blast. You don't have to swim just sit there and chill out.

St Columb Major...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Speed Boat Tours

A great trip...........I would highly recommend :o)

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
8,870 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Speed Boat Tours

Don't feed the TREE RATS they only look cute !!

LENNY

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,482 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Speed Boat Tours

I wondered when the Rats would come up.

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
532 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Speed Boat Tours

I hadn't realised they were rats!!! They are huge! They must have got that big on all the bananas they get fed. Very tame though.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo