We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 Days and Counting

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
438 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
7 Days and Counting

Since the Cayo Guillerm forum doesn't get as much activity as say the Holguin forum, for the obvious reason of the more limited number of hotels and therefore visitor numbers, I thought I'd do my part and create some "activity"! LOL

Next week today we'll be in the airport readying to take-off!!! As usual, the build-up is almost as good as the holiday!!!! :-)

CubaCarlos, I'll make sure the bar is well stocked and the staff know of your pending arrival on the 29th!!!!

Can't wait for some good Cuba fun in the sun!!!

And let's hope SCG is not closing next year as commented on elsewhere in the forum. I find that hard to believe based on many other comments.

Edited: 20 September 2011, 11:39
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 Days and Counting

Have a great time at the Sol!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,486 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 Days and Counting

I know what you say about the build up. Hope that you have a wonderful time at the SCG.

Placentia, Canada
Level Contributor
736 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 Days and Counting

Good luck to ya and ask Carlos did the new glasses help his eyesight ..wink wink.

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
536 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 Days and Counting

Hi Leaf, Yes you’re right, the build up is a BIG part of the holiday. We actually get an extra day, because we get to Manchester airport on the day before departure, stay overnight in one of the onsite Hotels, leave the car with them and then we have the early morning of the flight to relax and shop in the airport. Would really recommend, it cuts out all that mad rush on the day. We will hopefully arrive at the Sol Cayo Guillermo around 5.30pm and really looking forward to it this time, because it will probably be our last visit. The Hotel is not closing, it is more that Thomas Cook has not renewed their contract after May 2012, so unless another tour operator takes it on, it will be “thank you and goodbye”. But anyway, on that Thursday night when we and our friends arrive, I understand Nelson will be your barman at the Cubanito, another great friend, and if you mention the Santiago dark rum to him I’m sure he’ll do his best to have some ready for you and I to propose at toast to a fantastic holiday. I hope you and yours have a super holiday. Can recommend the Speedboat trip, it’s just a morning trip and is only 5 minutes from the hotel.

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
536 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 Days and Counting

Just seen LeylandSunaddict’s comment,”I don't know whether this is old news or not, but according to TC, Melia have decided to close the SCG for next summer”.Wow, I hope that’s not a fact!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 Days and Counting

Hi cubacarlos & leaf, know the feeling, gettin dead excited I cant sleep. Cubacarlos, will see you at the airport.....we may even change our minds and travel the night before! Celebrations all the way

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
536 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 Days and Counting

sharron m, Sounds good! the more the merrier. Just got the cases down off the top of the wardrobe. We could all spend the Wed. evening in the Romper pub, have a meal and drink alcohol. What dya say??

8. Re: 7 Days and Counting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo