We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frustrating Sunwing - 5 hour flight delay!!!!!!

od7
Ontario
Level Contributor
461 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Frustrating Sunwing - 5 hour flight delay!!!!!!

Just about to leave for the airport at noon today when Sunwing calls and says our 3:45pm flight has been delayed till 8:35pm tonite! Now we lose the whole evening at the resort and don't get there till almost 2 in the morning. Travelling with our kids!! FRUSTRATING!!!!

They said they've had mechanical problems since Sunday and all flights have been delayed since then....but 5 hours?....and they only let us know less than 4 hours before we leave? Geez!!

I have already sent a note looking for compensation. They immediately waived our seat preselection fee of $ 120 ( big deal).

Has anyone had any success getting compensation for such actions?

Not a grat start to our vacation.

od7

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
15,016 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Frustrating Sunwing - 5 hour flight delay!!!!!!

They phoned you to advise you of a delay and are offering you $120. and you want more??? <shakes head>

essex
Level Contributor
283 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frustrating Sunwing - 5 hour flight delay!!!!!!

Try flying from the uk

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,364 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frustrating Sunwing - 5 hour flight delay!!!!!!

Two days ago a Sunwing flight landed in Ottawa instead of Montreal because it had missed the "curfew" (large planes are not allowed land in Montreal between 1:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m.), and they let their passengers wait out the night at the airport until dawn without offering any compensation...

Consider yourself very lucky to have gotten an actual refund!

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frustrating Sunwing - 5 hour flight delay!!!!!!

All airlines can have problems, the smaller the fleet, the more difficult it is to switch planes due to problems.

Usually there is no compensation and often, there is no explanation.

If you want to have less problems like this, book AC or Westjet and pay a LOT more.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frustrating Sunwing - 5 hour flight delay!!!!!!

yes no worries, take the $120 and run....welcome to air travel...esp charters

also be glad the plane will be operational and they fixed the problem and your family will fly safely.

just think...you will be on holiday soon...and that is the best part!

happy travels!

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
15,016 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Frustrating Sunwing - 5 hour flight delay!!!!!!

My apologies ... The OP said that Sunwing is giving them seat selection valued at $120., not $120. cash. Not a bad deal, imho.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Frustrating Sunwing - 5 hour flight delay!!!!!!

While frustrating, consider yourself fortunate. How would you feel if you took off and had to hand somewhere in back water USA and then sit on the plane for 5 hours. Would that be better?

DO NOT let this ruin your holiday. I know it is frustrating travelling with kids, but the trip will be what you make of it. Suck it up for the kids sake if nothing else.

od7
Ontario
Level Contributor
461 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Frustrating Sunwing - 5 hour flight delay!!!!!!

Just for info. I had already paid my seat selection. They say they will refund it.

It's not so much a delay...i've had them before. It's that they knew of the delays for the last couple days and don't try to get a hold of people till the last minute.

This will NOT ruin my holiday, but if no one ever calls out these companies there is never any incentive for improvements. Silence breeds complacency.

You should not always just throw up your hands and say " Oh well". I want my kids to know it's okay to speak up. Politely.....but speak up or they will never know people are unhappy with their level of service.

Ruin my holiday....never.....maybe intensify the start a little though ))

od7

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
15,016 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Frustrating Sunwing - 5 hour flight delay!!!!!!

I agree that "silence breeds complacency". Thanks for reminding people (and teaching your kids) that when they book a vacation with a tour operator on a charter airline that they should anticipate changes and accept them instead of whinging that nobody told them that there may be delays or changes to the flight schedule or less than perfect customer service.

Did your travel agent not let you know about the delay?

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,988 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Frustrating Sunwing - 5 hour flight delay!!!!!!

I think the reason they don't notify until the last minute is likely that they don't know for sure whether the plane will in fact be ready. Once they notify, there is no going back to the original schedule, and of course these things bump onward down the line, so everyone is delayed until they finally manage to catch up. As someone said, the smaller the fleet to fall back on the more likely the chance of delay. Be thankful they aren't cutting corners and flying unsafe planes. There are worse things than a few hours delay.....

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo
Recent Conversations