We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Cayo Guillermo vs. Iberostar Daiquari

Calgary
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Sol Cayo Guillermo vs. Iberostar Daiquari

I am seeking advice,opinions and overall suggestions regarding the above resorts. Beach ,Setting Food .Rooms etc. 4 star rated for less than the 3.5 star. Which one to choose for holiday in May.Thanks to all who respond.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,207 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo vs. Iberostar Daiquari

I have only stayed at the MCG but I can tell you that the Sol has the better beach. I have walked round the Sol and it look fine to me.

Calgary
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo vs. Iberostar Daiquari

Thanks for your response pansypotter- 7 I should have mentioned we are a mid 50's couple more into the beach and relaxation than a party resort. Thanks again.

Elmvale, Ontario
Level Contributor
70 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo vs. Iberostar Daiquari

We have not stayed at the Iberostar but have been to the Sol twice. I have walked the beach past all of the resorts and in my opinion the beach at the Sol is the best. A relaxing stay is also what we look for and that is exactly what we found at the Sol, we were very happy there.

Calgary
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo vs. Iberostar Daiquari

Thanks for your comments sunnywithacha... The SCG seems like the right choice for a lot of people for a lot of reasons.

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo vs. Iberostar Daiquari

We have stayed at both and afre in our late 40's. We both prefer the Sol for numerous reasons. If you look at my reviews it should give you an idea of both.

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,508 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo vs. Iberostar Daiquari

We have stayed at the ID and walked in front of the Sol everyday and yes the beach is much better at the Sol.

Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
449 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo vs. Iberostar Daiquari

We have been to the Sol 5 times and going back for our 6th time next month, we love this hotel, relaxing, great people and atmosphere, very peaceful and beautiful grounds, well kept, everyone is happy and relaxed, bliss. The beach is the best along the stretch. :o)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo vs. Iberostar Daiquari

i have been to mcg like pansypotter 7 a few weeks ago and access to sol we thought beach was nice alot of space ..ate at buffet good choice and tasty small pool but there is the beach right? have a good vacation.

9. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo vs. Iberostar Daiquari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2012, 13:47
S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,329 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol Cayo Guillermo vs. Iberostar Daiquari

Come Va, Manuel!

Looking forward to meeting you. Many people say you are doing very good work at the Hotel .

Muchas Gracias!