We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigar prices at Ibersostar Daiquiri

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Cigar prices at Ibersostar Daiquiri

Hi

Can anyone thats been there recently give me an idea of the genuine cigar prices from the store and any brands I should look out for ? I'm fairly new to cigars but I want to get my hands on some Hoyo De Montery's. I've found a few lists on the net that detail how much the cigars should be but I'm wondering if the hotels stick to these prices and also if they stock all the brands ?

Thanks

Lee

essex
Level Contributor
252 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigar prices at Ibersostar Daiquiri

Just returned this morning from IBD and if you want to buy cigars you are best getting them at the airport, far cheaper than at the resort and a massive selection to choose from.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigar prices at Ibersostar Daiquiri

Hi

Did you buy any at the resort and if so what brands did they have. I'm sure even at the resort they will be significantly cheaper than this country ! I will want to smoke while I'm there as well as bringing some back home so would like top know whats available there. I'm also guessing you can buy them at the other hotels in resort.

Lee

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigar prices at Ibersostar Daiquiri

geof62757 has posted on this...

"Link for cigar prices in in Cuba: http://pricing.cubancigarinformation.com/"

Browse his contributions and you will see quite a few dealing with cigars and where to purchase, who is knowledgeable etc.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigar prices at Ibersostar Daiquiri

Hiya Tel128, Hope you had a good flight back. I have just booked the Daiquiri for next April. Was good meeting up with you and you showing us the Daiquiri through beer goggles. Lol

essex
Level Contributor
252 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigar prices at Ibersostar Daiquiri

Hi Pat , yes a quick look at the daiquri turned into an all day session which was fun...you'll love the daiquri , the staff are so wonderful . We will be there next April so I'm sure the goggles will be out again

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,492 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigar prices at Ibersostar Daiquiri

I walk over to the Daiquiri from the Sol to check out the selection .

In my mind it is the best place to buy cigars on Guillermo.

Prices are pretty much the same at all the hotels, but I've been lucky with their stock.

Hoyos de Monterey are one of my favs. as well.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigar prices at Ibersostar Daiquiri

Hi Deebob

So the Iberostar is the best place to buy anyway ? I've looked at that link for cigar pricing and do the hotels stick to those prices ? If so they seem very reasonable.

Thanks

Lee

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigar prices at Ibersostar Daiquiri

Attached is a link for cigar prices

http://marty.514crew.com/cigarprices.html

Have just returned from ID nd the prices were still the same as the web site

Hope it helps

Jethro

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cigar prices at Ibersostar Daiquiri

Hi

Jethro that's good to know. Did they have a good stock, and any you recommend ?

Lee

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cigar prices at Ibersostar Daiquiri

Are those prices actually accurate? I paid way more than that for my regular cigars last year and I almost find that list hard to believe. I would have thought the Cayos would be even more expensive than Varadero. That list has a price of $4.50/cigar for the one I like best and I paid $7 for it last year. At home I pay almost $13 so I figured it was a good deal. Either I got completely ripped off or that list isn't 100% accurate. Also should I be getting a discount for buying the whole box? Last year they wouldn't give any discount. I will be prepared this year if I got ripped off.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo