We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Sentinels Trees

Perth
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
The Sentinels Trees

Hello, I can not find the exact location of The Sentinel except the fact that it is at the Southern Tip of Lake Buttermere. Please advice:

1. if it can be reached by a car or if we must walk to get there, if so where do we park our cars.

2. will end of June, early May be a good time to go there?

Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: The Sentinels Trees

Not difficult to find and very easy to park around there but be aware it can get very busy. I would suggest doing the circular walk around Buttermere and stopping off at The Sentinels as your half-way point. There's usually an ice-cream at the south-eastern end too and that is another spot (apart from the northern car park's and road) where you can park.

If you have a decent zoom you can also get an excellent shot of the trees, Fleetwith Pike and Haystacks across the lake from the village.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,069 posts
2. Re: The Sentinels Trees

<<< will end of June, early May be a good time to go there? >>>

I know everything is upside down in Australia, but I didn't realise it applied to the months of the year!

End of May, early June would be good, but maybe a bit too late for the Rannerdale bluebells near the other end of Buttermere. But worth checking out.

Perth
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: The Sentinels Trees

Thank you so much for all the information. Sorry about the mishap :)

Reply to: The Sentinels Trees
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Buttermere
Recent Conversations