We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Sentinels Trees

Perth
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
The Sentinels Trees

Hello, I can not find the exact location of The Sentinel except the fact that it is at the Southern Tip of Lake Buttermere. Please advice:

1. if it can be reached by a car or if we must walk to get there, if so where do we park our cars.

2. will end of June, early May be a good time to go there?

Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Sentinels Trees

Not difficult to find and very easy to park around there but be aware it can get very busy. I would suggest doing the circular walk around Buttermere and stopping off at The Sentinels as your half-way point. There's usually an ice-cream at the south-eastern end too and that is another spot (apart from the northern car park's and road) where you can park.

If you have a decent zoom you can also get an excellent shot of the trees, Fleetwith Pike and Haystacks across the lake from the village.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Sentinels Trees

<<< will end of June, early May be a good time to go there? >>>

I know everything is upside down in Australia, but I didn't realise it applied to the months of the year!

End of May, early June would be good, but maybe a bit too late for the Rannerdale bluebells near the other end of Buttermere. But worth checking out.

Perth
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Sentinels Trees

Thank you so much for all the information. Sorry about the mishap :)

Reply to: The Sentinels Trees
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Buttermere
Recent Conversations