We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why Westjet isn't flying to Santa Clara

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
907 posts
21 reviews
Why Westjet isn't flying to Santa Clara

Interesting news this morning. Take a look.

cbc.ca/news/business/westjet-santa-clara-cub…

11 replies to this topic
Algonquin...
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Why Westjet isn't flying to Santa Clara

Welcome aboard your Westjet flight. You will be pleased to know we are a bottom line company. You as a passenger mean nothing to us. We care only in filling our wallets and making sure yours is empty. We know that you will all be tickled pink that the board room staff here all drive expensive cars and have houses nothing short of a mansion. Please feel free to tip the cabin crew and pilots we don't pay them much either. Gotta look after that bottom line. Oh yes almost forgot thank you for flying Westjet..

United States
Level Contributor
10,289 posts
273 reviews
2. Re: Why Westjet isn't flying to Santa Clara

Of course it was a "business decision"....not to hard to figure out. Unprofitable routes get cut...some routes that had two airlines flying there...one will stop...simple business. And they always start out by saying it has to do with the conditions on the ground in the destination...very normal...not unique to Westjet.....then after awhile people are not booking ....going to happen with many Cuba bound flights from US in 2018 too.

Edited: 17 December 2017, 11:19
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Why Westjet isn't flying to Santa Clara

WestJet gave false info to customers about flights are canceled to some parts of Cuba that airports are closed due to Irma airports only closed for 2 weeks in cuba after hurricane hit it

Edited: 17 December 2017, 11:51
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,162 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Why Westjet isn't flying to Santa Clara

Disgusting and dishonest....the traveling public deserves much better.

We pay the bills.

I am sure this sort of thing will continue to happen, but it is very disheartening, and we certainly don't have to like it !!

I hope everyone who is eligible for compensation makes sure that they get it !

Barb

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,638 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Why Westjet isn't flying to Santa Clara

Corporate ethics have never been much of a priority in the airline industry. So this is no surprise.

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
4,558 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Why Westjet isn't flying to Santa Clara

But But But I keep hearing on this forum how great Latejet is .....

How can this be ?????? , I ask

Johnny C

Southern Ontario
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Why Westjet isn't flying to Santa Clara

Any one remember Ward Air? Great airline, best service, and happy employees. Too bad they sold to another airline.

JR2
Ontario
Level Contributor
654 posts
23 reviews
8. Re: Why Westjet isn't flying to Santa Clara

#7: Wardair was great. Some of the best flights we had ever had.

Stoney Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Why Westjet isn't flying to Santa Clara

WardAir was above and beyond all Canadian airlines. I even met Max Ward in Barbados one time. That was a real pleasure. WardAir was forced out and in it's place came Canadian Airlines that used a lot of WardAir's practices. I flew back and forth to the Orient on a regular basis with them and they were well respected in the industry and always rated highly. They too were forced out of business by the government because Air Canada wanted the highly rated Asian routes.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
50 reviews
10. Re: Why Westjet isn't flying to Santa Clara

I loved flying with Wardair and honestly never had a problem with WestJet either.

Reply to: Why Westjet isn't flying to Santa Clara
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted