We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad review for mld

paisley
Level Contributor
604 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bad review for mld

Was looking at booking mld but starting to have doubts as reviews are pretty bad I have been to Cuba before was married at pp and loved it bugs don't bother me but the food does and rude staff and having to tip for good service ?? Starting to think I might just book pp any advice or input appreciated

Near Liverpool...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bad review for mld

I'm going on my 4th trip this summer, I personally find the food fine, the staff are one of the the reasons why we go back so often. It all depends on what you want, your attitude and your expectations.

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bad review for mld

Hiya,

We are goin to MLD on June 3rd for our 5th time, along with our friends from Halifax, and this is their 4th visit. We all met there 4 years ago, and now return together. We dont normally go to the same place twice, but we love MLD so much, we just keep going back for more:-)

With regards to bugs, just take plenty jungle formula insect repellant, or something with 50% deet in it, that keeps the little feckers at bay lol No worse than the good old Scottish midgies! lol I can honestly say hand on heart, I personally, nor anyone else in our group have ever met a rude member of staff at the resort. The food? The food is fine. There is a huge choice in the buffet, and there are plenty of a la carte restaurants, and a great grill for lunch, along with a 24 hour beer garden selling fast type food, burgers, hot dogs, chips, and toasted sandwiches etc.We always put on a few pounds after MLD, so I would not worry too much about the food. If you are a 'fussy' eater, you may find fault but then again, you may find fault at any resort if you are a 'fussy' eater?

We have never had to tip to recieve good service, but we usually tip after we have received good service.

Christine

(Perthshire)

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bad review for mld

We are going to MLD in 43 days!!! Wooo-hoooo!! Cannot wait!! Sure there are bad reviews BUT there are also a ton of excellent reviews as well. I have totally stopped reading the bad reviews because most of the things people are complaining about seems petty to me. Plus you have no idea if things have been exaggerated. I am concentrating on the many GREAT reviews and we cannot wait to hit that beach!!!! :-)

Toronto
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bad review for mld

Our friends were there last week and had an awesome time. They recommended we give it a try.

paisley
Level Contributor
604 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bad review for mld

Thanks guys yeah not a fussy eater but 14 year old can be but she managed at pp yeah we left tips and gifts at pp for good service x

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
421 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bad review for mld

tripadvisor.ca/…UR116387656

There's my review for what it's worth!! (last March) and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have! We really enjoyed the food, which seems to be a bone of contention for most. TONS of choice on the buffet, and we liked every single a'la carte meal as well. LOVED the lobby bar and all it's action....great for 'people watching'

We are heading back to Ensenachos this time, but would do MLD again for sure!! (also want to try MCSM at some point)

If the pricing is good, Ensenachos will always be first in our hearts, however we love the MLD too!!! (we will miss the lobby atmosphere...it's pretty stuffy and quiet at Ensenachos!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,302 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bad review for mld

debnandrew

Leave the gifts at home. Save luggage space for yourself. Tip in CUC for good service as you know.Tip in CUC. Gifts are NOT required. Have a read.

tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g147270-c129786/Cuba:C…

Cheers

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,195 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bad review for mld

My hubby is the fussiest of eaters known to man and he eats well there.

His plate is aways a better selection than mine, because he does try everything he can.

As to a bad review.

A review is just one persons opinion.

South Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bad review for mld

We stayed at PP two years ago and have picked the MLD for this summer, partly because it would appear to be very similar to PP.

We never had a problem with anything at the PP and suspect it will be similar experience at MLD.

10. Re: Bad review for mld

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 11:21