We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
New hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

I was just talking with a friend of mine in Cuba. He went to an interview to work at the new hotel opening (supposedly) December 2012. He said it will be similar to the Buenavista. Only 122 rooms. Adults only 5*.

The Royalton Cayo Santa Maria is situated between the pueblo la Estrella and the now HUSA Beach section. It will be administered by Sunwing just like Memories is and will have access to all services offered at Memories.

For a little more info, see: www.cayosantamaria.info/hotel_royalton.html

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,756 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

I wonder if they are going to have a clothing optional section or, does one still have to hike down to the Sol Cayo Santa Maria?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,361 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

Hola

I think no, could not locate a thing in the write up saying optional beach, not like the sol it’s nearly the first thing they have on their page….

cheers

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
403 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

If that new resort is the one I saw from the tower than it looks like it would be really nice. Cute little seperate bungalows with big balconies. I did take some pics of the bungalows and I could add them here when my replacement camera arrives.

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,756 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

I was hoping for sure, it would be such a treat to book a hotel like this, but not my idea of Luxury if I have to hike back and forth down the beach every day.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

There are a few pictures of the bungalows dated from May 2012 on the website link in post above. Just click on the link under the map.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

Sunwing is really stepping up their game in Cuba!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,361 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

Hola

at least we have more options now from Vancouver....for sure...also about time...lol

cheers.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

I believe thats number six in Cuba, They have recently taken over the Grand paradise Bavaro in DR and will close it for a multi million $ reno. They have also moved on to Jamaica, and have now opened Braco village, and have purchased Breezes Trelawne, will close it and perform a $40 million reno, and it will become a Memories. They have also taken on the Royalton in Panama.

Look out for more to come LOL

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

Lets hope they will get to MCSM somehow, and give us some choices, besides Transat Holidays :)

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,508 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

I like the small exclusive setting , but it seems that is is right in the midst of the big resorts and the pueblo. kind of a shame, IMHO.

Salud!