We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charging I pods at sol pelicano

ottawa
Level Contributor
310 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
charging I pods at sol pelicano

If the charger is dual voltage is it ok to use the outlets in the room to charge ipods.Do I need an adapter or are the prongs the same as home

northwest ontario
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: charging I pods at sol pelicano

Your prongs should fit....that sounds funny, sorry. Most outlets will take N.Am square and Eu. round.

Cheers

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,145 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: charging I pods at sol pelicano

No Problem!

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: charging I pods at sol pelicano

Plug will work no problem, and there are several 110v outlets in most rooms (well identified). I charged mine without any problem.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: charging I pods at sol pelicano

"Plug will work no problem, and there are several 110v outlets in most rooms (well identified). I charged mine without any problem"

I was at Playa Blanca in 2009 but don't remember the outlet configuration. This year it's Sol Pelicano. So you're saying that some rooms have the standard outlet like in Canada and are identified at 110v but they may also have what , the two rounded prong at 220v? I do have two converters (220v to 110v). I guess if they're the same outlet as ours it's 110v and if it's the rounded prongs, it's 220v?

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,145 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: charging I pods at sol pelicano

At Playa Blanca the 110V outlet is clearly marked and is in the dressing/makeup/shaving area outside the bathrooms in the Bungalows and across from the bathrooms in the main buildings. The suites have 2 110V outlets. They all look like our standard outlets but only have 2 prongs.

6. Re: charging I pods at sol pelicano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 February 2012, 09:03
Edited: 24 February 2012, 09:03
Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: charging I pods at sol pelicano

JeanVeux: you won't need different prongs for any of the outlets in the room at the Pelicano. I charge my portable DVD and my I-Pod into whatever plug is handy, as they are dual voltage, so no need for a converter, and no need for an adaptor either as they plug right into the socket.

Each outlet has a label over it that says 110V or 220V - you really can't make a mistake!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: charging I pods at sol pelicano

Cayo Largo 2:

So you're saying all the plugs are the slotted style like in Canada but some are 220 and some are 110 and they're clearly marked. Not all electronics/devices are dual voltage although I checked my ipod charger and it's marked 100-240v. I hope all the outlets are marked since they have the same configuration, no way to tell without a voltage tester. Just making sure before I get there, thanks.

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: charging I pods at sol pelicano

Trust me, you won't make a mistake! The outlets are not exactly like what we have here, because they also accommodate European plugs, but they are indeed clearly marked and your dual-voltage electronics can be plugged directly into the socket without an adaptor.

I've been told that some rooms have a 110V plug only in the bathroom, and 220V plugs in the rest of the room, but the ones I've been into (several, but admittedly not all, LOL!), have all had both 110V and 220V outlets in the room.

There are pictures here, you'll see what I mean:

http://cayolargo.net/hotels_electricity.html

When are you going to the Pelicano?

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: charging I pods at sol pelicano

Wow, thanks a lot for clearing that up. Didn't realize those pics were there on the Cayo Largo site. We'll be there from march 23-30.