We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo Largo Nude Beach

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Cayo Largo Nude Beach

Which hotel has the best nude beach area?

Mont Tremblant...
Level Contributor
6,375 posts
4 reviews
41 helpful votes
51. Re: Cayo Largo Nude Beach

Right on JDM!

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
235 reviews
437 helpful votes
52. Re: Cayo Largo Nude Beach

Just to clarify where exactly is the nude beach on Cayo Largo as we found they were right next to and part of the beach on Playa Blanca. We were also told by those at the Sol Cayo Largo that they had nudists on part of their beach.

So is there not one spot for them? Are all the beaches allowing nudity? It certainly limited the beach at Playa Blanca, one day the only spots available were on the other side of the bar and there was just no way we were heading that way, it was difficult enough having them walk up and down in front of you, come up to the bar to get drinks and one made who seemed to enjoy walking right up, slowly while facing the people on the beach and then heading up the stairs into the resort before putting some clothing on.

To say the least we were not expecting this type of thing when we booked out trip.

Mont Tremblant...
Level Contributor
6,375 posts
4 reviews
41 helpful votes
53. Re: Cayo Largo Nude Beach

Whiteknight, those people were utterly disrespectful IMHO and they are not the norm on CL (speaking from over 12 visits to CL). They likely gave themselves those liberties because the resort was quiet. It's exactly that kind of behaviour that causes the authorities to ponder whether nudity should be banned in front of the resorts. Personally, I would have told them to cover up, and the bar employee also should have (although I understand that sometimes puts them in a difficult position).

There are delimited nudist sections on the beaches in front of the resorts. To the East or to the West until Paraiso, you can walk nude to your heart's content, you will not encounter that many people.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
23 reviews
490 helpful votes
54. Re: Cayo Largo Nude Beach

Maybe it was Covachick strutting around nude at the bar. :) She never did post a review or update her adventures here.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
235 reviews
437 helpful votes
55. Re: Cayo Largo Nude Beach

The worst offenders seemed to be older men and it was a male who kept coming up to the bar, one way to get to the front of the line I guess.

Ontario
Level Contributor
10,452 posts
19 reviews
147 helpful votes
56. Re: Cayo Largo Nude Beach

There are designated areas for clothing optional at all of the hotels. Here is a map of the beach at Playa Blanca, indicated the areas where it is officially allowed:

http://www.nudismcuba.com/images/Hotel-PlayaBlanca-CayoLargo-NudeBeach_en.jpg

The other hotel areas are defined at this site:

http://www.nudismcuba.com/cayolargo.html

When the beach area is reduced due to wash out, things may change somewhat and people may take liberties....

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
57. Re: Cayo Largo Nude Beach

I would say to anybody thinking about going to Cayo Largo that if you are truly offended by nudists, this is not the place for you. And I am not a clothing optional person. Because Cayo Largo is one big beach, with so few people, it is one big nudist stroll, like it or not be prepared. It is a happy vibe that has brought me to CL 3 times, with a 4th in Feb. Relax and go with the flow, to each his or her own.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
18,504 posts
13 reviews
32 helpful votes
58. Re: Cayo Largo Nude Beach

Well said Mojito.

It's a pretty special place but not for everyone.

Mont Tremblant...
Level Contributor
6,375 posts
4 reviews
41 helpful votes
59. Re: Cayo Largo Nude Beach

mojito, in my experience, nudists strolling in front of the Sol resorts has been limited, it's much more common between the Sol CL and Paraiso. And with Villa Coral now being exclusive to Italian clients, nudism will not be as prevalent as it used to be in that section of the beach. A lot will also depend on the particular clients any given week. You should indeed be prepared to see nudism on CL, and it might happen or not. But the behavior described by Whiteknight is an exception, not the norm. If such behaviour increases, you can bet that complaints will also increase.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
30 reviews
48 helpful votes
60. Re: Cayo Largo Nude Beach

When I was in Cayo Santa Maria a few years ago, I never saw anyone go off the CO section. There were quite a few people right on the line but that was closest to the bar and the ranchon. I do think the limits should be respected by both both sides. If you are going CO, cover up when you are out of bounds. If you are a textile person, don't be offended when walking on the CO section. It really should all be about respect. The CO people who are testing the limits, may have a had a few too many or be more exhibitionist and not just nudist. I'm looking forward to December 2nd.

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.