We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalami & Adonis & asontis apartments

Which Kalami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
246 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Kalami & Adonis & asontis apartments

Hi

We are off here in June Next Yeasr for Two weeks and after ready several threads think it might be expensive!

Can you help with any questions below

1. A &A I believe offers breakfast, how much? what do you get?

2. How many shops / supermarkets in Kalami and would it be better to go to kassopi to get some supplies? are thein the supermarkets prices/ selection better?

3. What are the prices of Alcohol like in supermarkets? can we take alcohol from britain in our case? or buy at airport?

4. We have booked an apartment, what would be the best upgraded one to request for sea view? we are reasonably fit so the steps are not too much of an issue.

If you have any mor advise on kalami/ kassopi for a first time corfu traveller i would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,458 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalami & Adonis & asontis apartments

I haven't been to Kassoipi or Kalami for about 5 years, so I will leave others to comment. But I can tell you that the price of spirits, especially non-Greek brands, has gone through the roof recently. This is mainly due to tax increases and will certainly apply to Corfu.

It is quite unusual to find a 70cl bottle of any mainstream brand, e.g. Gordon's, Smirnoff etc., for less than €18, and many places charge up to €20. Even Metaxa is now pretty expensive. I don't drink Ouzo so can't say about that.

I would say buy duty-paid at the airport - M/cr had offers on both times I went to Crete this year of 2 litres for £25. Or of course if you've gt some spare luggage allowance, pack some in your case.

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
246 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalami & Adonis & asontis apartments

Thanks Steve

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalami & Adonis & asontis apartments

Kalami is so lovely

Make sure you walk(and check you know the route) to agni bay and have lunch at Agni taverna. Superb food.

Lots of tavernas in Kalami which we felt were good value

A nd A have a fairly reasonable menu but a bit"with chips"

Enjoy

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
246 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalami & Adonis & asontis apartments

Thanks.

i am so looking forward to getting some sun.

Edited: 15 December 2011, 16:09
Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
246 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalami & Adonis & asontis apartments

I have just re read this entry onto the forum and realised i should not perhaps go on the web when i am at home ill! sorry for typos!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,458 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kalami & Adonis & asontis apartments

Hi MissMeme, don't worry about it, there's plenty worse on here - you want to see what I write late on a Saturday night ;-)

Seeing as you haven't had a great deal of feedback, I will make a few comments about places to visit, as they probably won't have changed much.

I agree with the comment about Agni. To be honest, the whole of the coastline from Nissaki to Kassiopi is really lovely, with some very quiet coves and a few more developed beaches, but nothing really lively till you get to Kassiopi. You can follow the coastline reasonably closely for most of the way, though I do remember that there is one rather large estate on a headland where you have to walk inland.

I particularly liked Avlaki and Kerasia bays.

I really like Kassiopi, although if you are into very quiet places it probably won't suit you. Not that it's OTT, but it is a lot busier than anywhere else in the immediate vicinity. It has a few little coves of its own, tracks round the headland, some very good waterfront tavernas etc.

If you are into more strenuous walking, you are of course near Mount Pantokrator, and there are endless variations of walks on the slopes, or even up to the top.

You can find info on the area here:

http://www.agni.gr/

This is a website run by the people at Agni taverna, between Nissaki and Kalami, and has lots of good stuff on it.

Hope this helps some more.

Steve.

7. Re: Kalami & Adonis & asontis apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2013, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kalami