1. We can either go on Friday (8/30), Saturday (8/31) or Monday (9/2). Which day would be best to go? I personally would like to go on Monday, but I am worried that the town will be dead or smaller distilleries are closed.
2. Is it really better to just book the tours when we get to Tequila? I read online that it's only $150-250 pesos for a tour and tasting. I would definitely like to go to at least one tequila distillery with agave fields and need English tours.
Do you have any personal favorite?
Some I found...
- La Fortaleza came up, but it's a private one. Is it hard to get a tour? I will send a request but it looks like it's geared towards to press/bloggers, etc.
- José Cuervo (Destileria La Rojena) is well-known, but I read mixed reviews.
- CASA SAUZA is another one many others mentioned.
Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you so much :)