We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tequila Day Trip from Guadalajara

San Diego...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
Tequila Day Trip from Guadalajara
Save

Hello!

We plan to go to Tequila from Guadalajara using Tequila Bus and think we can pull it off... We just need some advice on tequila tasting.

1. We can either go on Friday (8/30), Saturday (8/31) or Monday (9/2). Which day would be best to go? I personally would like to go on Monday, but I am worried that the town will be dead or smaller distilleries are closed.

2. Is it really better to just book the tours when we get to Tequila? I read online that it's only $150-250 pesos for a tour and tasting. I would definitely like to go to at least one tequila distillery with agave fields and need English tours.

Do you have any personal favorite?

Some I found...

- La Fortaleza came up, but it's a private one. Is it hard to get a tour? I will send a request but it looks like it's geared towards to press/bloggers, etc.

- José Cuervo (Destileria La Rojena) is well-known, but I read mixed reviews.

- CASA SAUZA is another one many others mentioned.

Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you so much :)

1 reply
KAP
USA
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
385 reviews
377 helpful votes
1. Re: Tequila Day Trip from Guadalajara
Save

What did you end up doing?

Reply to: Tequila Day Trip from Guadalajara
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tequila
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.