We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baobab shop - sun cream, shower gel etc

Wales
Level Contributor
64 posts
30 reviews
Baobab shop - sun cream, shower gel etc

Hi everyone, I've been to the Baobab before (7 years ago) and can remember them having a small selection of sun cream for sale in their shop. We are going straight on safari from Nairobi and then to the Baobab later on so the first flight into the Mara allows us only 15kg per person luggage (this includes hand luggage). We were hoping to buy shower gel / extra sun cream maybe more toothpaste etc at the Baobab later in when we arrive there. Does the shop still stock this? Many thanks in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
5,659 posts
46 reviews
1. Re: Baobab shop - sun cream, shower gel etc

1. Shower GEL is provided by Baobab (or buy from local Supermarket)

2. Toothpaste - buy from local Supermarket

3. Sunscreen Lotion - bring your own, it's very expensive to buy locally, since it's imported commodity.

Level Contributor
1,520 posts
2. Re: Baobab shop - sun cream, shower gel etc

I think their point was that they prefer not to fly in with any. I suggest stopping at Chandarana supermarket on your way to Baobab, they have a selection of sun creams. It's located on the beach road a little south of the airport road intersection (Diani Posta).

Wales
Level Contributor
64 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Baobab shop - sun cream, shower gel etc

Thank you both.

Philip - I assume you mean the airline? They haven't made any stipulations. I just want to take more clothes and get what I can out there :)

Level Contributor
1,520 posts
4. Re: Baobab shop - sun cream, shower gel etc

You'll pay a little more for tourist specialties like sun cream but not punishingly more. Diani has two large supermarkets stocked with personal care items so you probably don't need to rely on the hotel shop which I imagine could be costly.

Wales
Level Contributor
64 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Baobab shop - sun cream, shower gel etc

Thank you very much for your input, I have been to the supermarket before in Diani but wanted to know if the Baobab still sells these things (I am aware the price may be higher),

Reply to: Baobab shop - sun cream, shower gel etc
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted