We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From sgr to diani

1 post
From sgr to diani

We are a group of 4 people and we will be in the costo mid March. Whats the cheaper way/option of getting from SGR Mombasa terminus to Diani in Ukunda ?

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
1. Re: From sgr to diani

If there are four of you I'd recommend a taxi to Diani. I'm not exactly sure what you'd be charged but the rail station is a little further than the airport, and airport-to-Diani transfers typically cost around 50 USD.

As for public transport, at the station you'd probably be pointed to a minibus into Mombasa but you'd then need to take another minibus, a ferry, one more minibus and then a tuk tuk, to reach your Diani resort. Not worth all the hassle in my view.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
5,611 posts
46 reviews
2. Re: From sgr to diani

There's 2 options:

1. Taxi ( from out side the Terminal )

2. Hotel Transfer - are you staying in a hotel ? If so, ask the Hotel for transfer.

If you don't have much luggage, you can board the Ferry on foot & take another taxi from other side to Ukunda.

During peak hours, it can take upto 1 hour to board the Ferry.

Good Luck

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
3. Re: From sgr to diani

Taxify estimates the trip with 1800-2200 KSh. Has anyone tried this? Is it realistic?

Reply to: From sgr to diani
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach