We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From sgr to diani

1 post
Save Topic
From sgr to diani

We are a group of 4 people and we will be in the costo mid March. Whats the cheaper way/option of getting from SGR Mombasa terminus to Diani in Ukunda ?

Mentioned in this post
Mombasa
Mombasa
Coast Province, Kenya
Diani Beach
Diani Beach
Ukunda, Kenya
Ukunda
Ukunda
Coast Province, Kenya
3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From sgr to diani

If there are four of you I'd recommend a taxi to Diani. I'm not exactly sure what you'd be charged but the rail station is a little further than the airport, and airport-to-Diani transfers typically cost around 50 USD.

As for public transport, at the station you'd probably be pointed to a minibus into Mombasa but you'd then need to take another minibus, a ferry, one more minibus and then a tuk tuk, to reach your Diani resort. Not worth all the hassle in my view.

Mentioned in this post
Diani Beach
Diani Beach
Ukunda, Kenya
Mombasa
Mombasa
Coast Province, Kenya
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
5,398 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From sgr to diani

There's 2 options:

1. Taxi ( from out side the Terminal )

2. Hotel Transfer - are you staying in a hotel ? If so, ask the Hotel for transfer.

If you don't have much luggage, you can board the Ferry on foot & take another taxi from other side to Ukunda.

During peak hours, it can take upto 1 hour to board the Ferry.

Good Luck

Mentioned in this post
Ukunda
Ukunda
Coast Province, Kenya
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From sgr to diani

Taxify estimates the trip with 1800-2200 KSh. Has anyone tried this? Is it realistic?

Reply to: From sgr to diani
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach