We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diani sea resort or diani sea lodge ?

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Diani sea resort or diani sea lodge ?

Hi myself and partner are thinking of booking one of these on all inclusive basis, we are aged late 40s and was wondering what peoples views would be the best place to stay .....we don't ask for a lot I don't think : ) we hope for a lovely beach ,nice food and some sort of entertainment at night ...please cab anyone advise many thanks in advance lisa

10 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
1. Re: Diani sea resort or diani sea lodge ?

Have you already gotten a quote from a charter company for either of those two resorts? I'd be curious to know what it works out to because I think they're a logical choice only if they're cheap. But on the booking sites they come up quite pricey and there are lots of better choices at or below that price point. But let us know what you were quoted.

Both resorts (which have the same owners) are showing their age. Sea Lodge does have a nice beach in front to compensate, but Sea Resort's beach is badly eroded thanks to the massive (and illegal) sea wall they built.

Diani's idea of night entertainment is pretty ordinary: shows by either Maasai or coastal entertainment teams, and some acrobatic shows. But you can catch these shows in many places, including right on the beach where the acrobats set up to perform whenever they see a handful of white tourists gathered. I wouldn't make entertainment a factor in choosing a resort.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,589 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Diani sea resort or diani sea lodge ?

<<<they're a logical choice only if they're cheap>>>

It may be because these two, together with Baobab and Southern Palms were the staples of the UK package holidays on the South Coast when the UK charter flights were still running, so they are probably the best known in the UK and may well also have most reviews on here

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Diani sea resort or diani sea lodge ?

Hi doffcocker

Myself and my partner have never been so relying on trip advisor reviews as to where to book it is difficult choosing somewhere - have you got any where else in mind you would say is better ?

Lisa

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Diani sea resort or diani sea lodge ?

Hi Phillip thank you for replying,myself and partner have seen them both for around £1500 English pounds for 13 nights...do you have anywhere else you would recommend for around this price that we could look at ?? We have never been on holiday this part of the world, so pretty ignorant on everything,apart from what we can read up on internet/trip advisor etc-

Any help is much appreciated.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
5,619 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Diani sea resort or diani sea lodge ?

Both hotels owned by same group, so service is relatively the same.

I've stayed at DSR twice, no complaints.

Shop for online deals for Turtle Bay Beach Resort (Watamu) & Baobab Beach Resort ( Diani ). Both also All Incl.

Good Luck

Level Contributor
1,520 posts
6. Re: Diani sea resort or diani sea lodge ?

IT3799,

Is that per person, net of airfare?

Edited: 08 May 2018, 12:51
Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Diani sea resort or diani sea lodge ?

Thank you we will defintely look at the other places you've mentioned.. and philip that's the price for both of us to stay but does not include air fares .

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,346 posts
27 reviews
8. Re: Diani sea resort or diani sea lodge ?

Take a look at Somak or Travelbag to get an idea of prices for flights and hotels,

Level Contributor
1,520 posts
9. Re: Diani sea resort or diani sea lodge ?

At that price you're pretty much looking at those two places if you want all-inclusive. Maybe Southern Palms as well. I would choose Diani Sea Lodge over Sea Resort due to its much superior beach front.

PS The online prices tend to see saw from week to week for short stays but when I punched in 13 nights for Sea Lodge I got a price that was close to what you were quoted. Though my random dates fell within low season.

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Diani sea resort or diani sea lodge ?

Thanks Philip for all your help

Lisa

Reply to: Diani sea resort or diani sea lodge ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach