We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FInisterre tour from La Coruña or Compostela?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
124 posts
111 reviews
FInisterre tour from La Coruña or Compostela?

Next march 2018, I will be in Galicia for 1 week and I would like to know which starting point is better and more complete to take a tour to Muxia - Finisterre: La Coruna or Santiago de Compostela? Could someone indicate me a Travel Agency agency that makes a very complete tour? thanks

10 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,857 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: FInisterre tour from La Coruña or Compostela?

you do not need a travel agency for a complete tour of finisterre-muxia.

if you are hiking you can do the walk in 5-6 days following all the other peregrinos from santiago de compostela to finisterre and muxia.

on the other hand you can join an excursion of finisterre, the costa da morte from sdc. this excursion covers finisterre and muia to include pontemaceira, muros, carnota and ezaro at a cost of 40 € from approx 09.00 to around 18.30 with pick up at your hotel.

London, United...
Level Contributor
24,035 posts
292 reviews
2. Re: FInisterre tour from La Coruña or Compostela?

From Santiago de Compostela is best. Look at

https://www.tourgalicia.es/en/

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReview…

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
124 posts
111 reviews
3. Re: FInisterre tour from La Coruña or Compostela?

Well, actually my intention is to make an excursion, as complete as possible. Would the itineraries be the same, starting from both cities? What does sdc mean? I looked for and found a football team ...

London, United...
Level Contributor
24,035 posts
292 reviews
4. Re: FInisterre tour from La Coruña or Compostela?

sdc

Santiago de Compostela

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
124 posts
111 reviews
5. Re: FInisterre tour from La Coruña or Compostela?

Could you please explain this better? I would like to know why it is best to start from Sabtiago?

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
18,293 posts
122 reviews
6. Re: FInisterre tour from La Coruña or Compostela?

We took a day tour from Santiago de Compostela - I am pretty sure it was this one: https:/…

It was a very good tour. We walked the Camino to Santiago, but didn't have to walk out to Finesterre so we took the day tour.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
124 posts
111 reviews
7. Re: FInisterre tour from La Coruña or Compostela?

I feel the impression that people would even prefer to do this tour from Santiago! Maybe the way is more pleasant. I will contact this company. Thank you so much!!

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: FInisterre tour from La Coruña or Compostela?

Nothing there to be honest, except a lighthouse. Nice to tick the box though. We did see an old couple on a cart pulled by oxon in the village, which is a bit rare these days.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
124 posts
111 reviews
9. Re: FInisterre tour from La Coruña or Compostela?

In fact I'm interested in those magic stones in Muxia. Are They included in this tour?

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
18,293 posts
122 reviews
10. Re: FInisterre tour from La Coruña or Compostela?

I don't know that it is a question of preference - preferring to take the tour from Santiago or La Coruna, but rather that people were in Santiago, so they took the tour from there.

Yes, you see the stones in Muxia on this tour.

Reply to: FInisterre tour from La Coruña or Compostela?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fisterra