We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jambiani v.s Pwani Mchangani accommodations

toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Jambiani v.s Pwani Mchangani accommodations

Hello,

I'm planning on going to Zanzibar for 2-3 days after Kilimanjaro expedition with a small group of people. My guide offered Casa del Mar hotel in Jambiani, however I don't think I like this hotel or any other hote in the area. I found a hotel in Pwani Mchangani called Nest Paradise Boutique Resort, a little hotel that see like the place to relax before returning home.

How far is Jambiani from Pwani Mchangani? This is just in case if the rest of the group wants to stay in Jambiani. What kind of transportation that is safe can I take to get to Pwani??? What would be the cost?

Thanks for your input,

Jola

1 reply
Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
1. Re: Jambiani v.s Pwani Mchangani accommodations

You have to take what you prefer.I don't think if a Guide or operator will force you to take what they want.

Jambiani Village is at South East Coast and Pwani Mchangani Village is at North East Coast,is about one hour and ahalf good driving.

Estimated coast for Private transfer is US$ 60 one way.Local Bus is less than US$ 5 but expect to take almost half of your day on road because will have to take a local bus from Jambiani to Town then take another local bus from Town to Pwani Mchangani

Casa Del Mar is Eco friendly Hotel and is within a Village which will make you to experience a real local life if is a part of your interest and is in a quite area.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Reply to: Jambiani v.s Pwani Mchangani accommodations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pwani Mchangani