We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zanzibar Honeymoon in April- May??

Addis Ababa...
3 posts
Zanzibar Honeymoon in April- May??

Hello,

We are planning to make our honeymoon in Zanzibar which we have always dreamed of because of the beautiful beaches. Our honeymoon is going to be at the end of April to beginning of May for about 10 days, but we found out these months are the rainy seasons in Zanzibar with heavy shower. So would you please kindly advice us if it is still possible to enjoy the beach and do outdoor activities in this season or should we start looking for another place? Thank you so much

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
1. Re: Zanzibar Honeymoon in April- May??

That is a really rain season.

But the rain average in tropical countries is not predicable,.

Numbers of days are enough to enjoy it because it does not rain on daily basis.

Will get some days for sunbath,some of the time it doesn`t rain throughout the day.

The only activities which are totally affected by rain is the one which involve the Ocean,like Safari Blue adventure,Dolphin Trip,Prison Island and few times Spice Tour if is a heavy rain.

Rest of other can be done by taking the breaks of the rain.

Regards

Zanzilandholidays

Tanzania
Level Contributor
516 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Zanzibar Honeymoon in April- May??

It is our peak rainy season and it can be pretty dismal when it is raining especially as it can and does affect a lot of the trips. Also just be aware that during the rainy season so many hotels and tours close for maintenance, to give staff time off (I know my hotel closes for 2 months). It can be unpredictable and honestly this year we had so much rain in September / October which are supposed to be the loveliest months so who knows but do expect a lot of rain in April / May and be prepared for some days which could be totally rained out but a lot of the time it will down pour in the morning and then the afternoon does clear to be pretty nice.

If you do decide to choose Zanzibar and if there is something for example Safari Blue that you would like to do I would recommend contacting them to see if they will be operating as I know they have in the past closed for a few weeks for boat repairs and general maintenance - also if it is raining a lot they will not go out.

It is a tricky one but just decide if you can deal with possibly a lot of rain or if you feel that this could ruin your entire honeymoon then I would maybe choose another destination.

3. Re: Zanzibar Honeymoon in April- May??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2018, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Pwani Mchangani