We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

building work at Grand Palladiu Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa

Beccles, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
5 reviews
building work at Grand Palladiu Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa

I've just been notified by First Choice that they have started work on building a splash park at this resort. My daughter is due there next week and she is concerned that it will impact on het holiday. Is anyone staying there at the moment or have just come Bach ?, any info would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance Mark

west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: building work at Grand Palladiu Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa

The sports bar is getting a facelift and has been moved to the Poseidon restaurant. It is supposed to be completed around the end of November.

The Italian restaurant is also getting a facelift and will be moved to other restaurants until completed around the end of October.

They are building a kids pool/play area behind building 11. It is supposed to be completed around the end of November/early December.

I'll be there in just over 3 weeks and will post status updates on the construction while I'm there .

West Yorkshire...
8 posts
2. Re: building work at Grand Palladiu Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa

Hey

We have just been informed of the same thing.

We are not sure if we will move hotels or not?

They say the work isn't as bad as the letter that was given to the travel agent sounded but we are undecided on what to do?

Louise

Xxx

Edited: 09 September 2014, 14:56
Connecticut
Level Contributor
13,451 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: building work at Grand Palladiu Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa

I wish the workers well. Given the shoddy original construction practices leading to the collapse of segments of the rooming blocks (and the death of some workers), I hope these renovations do not cause further troubles for the workers.

East Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
153 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: building work at Grand Palladiu Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa

I have spoken to Thomson and the hotel - the splash park is being constructed by block II and the main pool is unaffected and its due to complete 2nd week in December.

The sports bar is closed with food covered by Poseiden and pool/table tennis tables being moved to ground floor of Lady Hamilton - again due to complete 2nd week in December.

Both the Mexican and the Italian are closing for refurb and both will be covered a couple of nights a week in the buffet or another restaurant.

We go end of Nov for 2 weeks so all the work is due to end as we come home so I am gutted! They may finish early but highly unlikely following my experience last year although they will want it all done for the festive season when everyone pays top dollar I'm sure.

Thomson offered us 3 other hotels but they don't tick all our boxes like the GPLH, plus we have a lovely wedding to go to with some people we met there last year, so we are sticking with it.

A hotel of that size is always going to have work going on & we loved it last year and there was 1 restaurant closed then and the Sports Bar was so hot you couldn't sit in there for more than 15 minutes!

KEEP ME ADVISED PLEASE AND PHOTOS WOULD BE AWESOME

I am very angry with Thomson who told us 3 days after paying our final balance but will be monitoring it on here ands Palladium Addicts so keep us informed all of you lucky people who go before us - push them hard to get it done early if you can LOL!

West Yorkshire...
8 posts
5. Re: building work at Grand Palladiu Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa

Hey

Yes we are in the same boat, we arrive 13th nov for two weeks.

My fave food is Italian and Mexican so I was also very upset :(

I phoned head office and the lady I spoke with assured me the work was not that bad as she had been sent 3 photos but couldn't send me them. We did email the hotel directly to ask for some photos but no response as of yet.

we got offered 2 RIU Hotels but like you say I didn't want to go there or I would of booked to go there in the first place. Head office have said they have had no complaints and nobody has asked to move hotel which I guess is a good sign. The pool has also been dug so there are no diggers or anything at the hotel.

I hope this helps you :)

West Yorkshire...
8 posts
6. Re: building work at Grand Palladiu Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa

p.s also I hope they move the Italian and Mexican into another al la carte restaurant and not the buffet :(

if you find anymore info out please post on here and I will do the same

:)

xx

west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: building work at Grand Palladiu Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa

We arrive in 10 days. I'll be taking plenty of pictures and will check in while we are there.

West Yorkshire...
8 posts
8. Re: building work at Grand Palladiu Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa

that's great, thank you so so much.

I have been so upset over this, as you work hard all year for your holidays and we have

been to grand palladium in the Dominican and we went 3 times in a row we loved It that much! the complex is so big and has so many different restaurants.

Kind Regards

Lou :)

xx

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: building work at Grand Palladiu Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa

We are going next week(thursday) so will report back .

Hoping we can stay well away from the building works, we`re not pool people - prefer the sunset cove

beach, so it shouldn`t bother us too much.

Also only use the buffet , but will try to get some info on the Italian & Mex for anyone interested ,

regards

West Yorkshire...
8 posts
10. Re: building work at Grand Palladiu Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa

Thank you so much that would be great if you could :)

xx