We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lady hamiliton hotel and spa gay

1 post
Save Topic
Lady hamiliton hotel and spa gay

So I'm looking to book a trip to the Caribbean next year and have always wanted to visit jamicia and i like the look of this hotel.

However I'm looking to go with my partner as a gay couple would we be safe?

He's back and and I'm white and we're not the gay holding hand type but still would we be ok!

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Connecticut
Level Contributor
12,013 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lady hamiliton hotel and spa gay

WIthin the resort, you will not have any issues. And you should not have any issues visiting the higher profile tourist venues like Dunn's River Falls, Mystic Mountain and Fern Grotto.

The Secrets resorts are a bit isolated from MoBay (it is on an isthmus in the MoBay bay), so getting about within MoBay requires a taxi.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lady hamiliton hotel and spa gay

Please let me know how your trip goes. I am wondering the same except I'm a gay female. Thanks.

Edited: 10 October 2014, 18:18
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lady hamiliton hotel and spa gay

The Lady Hamilton is aka Grand Palladium and is midway between MoBay and Negril (45 minutes from MoBay), not at Secrets which is where Hedo is referring to. The excursions Hedo mentions are near Ocho Rios which is 1-1/2 hrs from MoBay going in the opposite direction.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Jamaica...
7,664 Reviews
Jamaica
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios
Jamaica
Washington
Level Contributor
271 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lady hamiliton hotel and spa gay

I have never seen first hand any problems with gay couples at the AI resorts, I have heard stories about prejudices and such when going into town. That being said, I hope you all have a great time and don't hide in the shadows, enjoy your trip and let us know how everything goes, there's no reason to be fearful or timid in this century!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
12,013 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lady hamiliton hotel and spa gay

Blues Pirate is correct, I have a brain fart: crossed my resort locations.

Lesbians will have no issues within any resort nor in any city, town or village. The Jamaican lack of acceptance/compassion/understanding is focused toward gays. These feelings are not even close to this century's attitudes.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lady hamiliton hotel and spa gay

Hedo

I have gay female friends who have been to Jamaica and have said otherwise. They were harassed quite a bit which is why I asked a similar question in a previous thread. I guess I will find out for myself when I travel there in the spring.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lady hamiliton hotel and spa gay

We went to GPLH in April 2014 and did see a couple of groups of 2 guys travelling together. I thought they may be gay, (didnt want to assume but i thought they seemed like a couple) and they didnt seem to be being treated any differently, but i didnt talk to them directly and i didnt seem them exhibiting PDOA. but then my husband and I dont! one of the couples i saw were mixed race, and again i didnt notice anything and they looked to be having a good time.

But you are right in that the Jamaican culture historically (and currently I believe) has very strong opinions on this subject - out of date, totally unfair and wrong in my eyes. But its a cultural problem. I really hope it doesnt affect your holiday as Jamaica is a fabulous place for everyone to visit - after all - out of many people one love!

Incidentally my husband is black jamaican but raised in the UK and i am white english and we didnt receive any form of discrimination at all - i hope the same will happen for you.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
8. Re: Lady hamiliton hotel and spa gay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2016, 00:16
;