We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chikungunya Virus

Dumbarton, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Chikungunya Virus

Hi folks! My husband & I are travelling to Lucea in Jamaica on 20th January 2015 and we've just read that there is an epidemic of Chikungunya Virus there. We're now unsure whether to change to another destination or not so can anyone offer any advice as our travel agent doesn't seem to be of much help!

Thanks

Heather

Mentioned in this post
Lucea
Lucea
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chikungunya Virus

From your profile, it appears you have traveled to India, where this virus also exists, so I'm not sure why you would cancel plans to travel to Jamaica. It's been in the news just because it's new to the Caribbean.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
massachusetts
Level Contributor
540 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chikungunya Virus

Regardless of past trips. Get a hold of the center for disease control. They may have some stats...

3. Re: Chikungunya Virus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2015, 00:17