We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we hire a taxi to drive us from Puno to Cabanaconde?

5 posts
Can we hire a taxi to drive us from Puno to Cabanaconde?
Save

Hi all,

I was wondering if it's possible to take a taxi from Puno to Cabanaconde and what would be the price? I checked online and it seems that all the tourist buses from Puno would take you to Chivay and then it's another 2 hours to take the local bus from Chivay to Cabanaconde. We want to save the time and go directly to Cabanaconde if it's possible. Any information would be helpful! Thanks!

Best,

Zoey

7 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,412 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Can we hire a taxi to drive us from Puno to Cabanaconde?
Save

It is probably 6-7 hours by car from Puno to Cabanaconde. It would be very expensive $$$ to hire private transportation.

I would just take the tourist bus (4M express or Rutas Del Sur) to Chivay & from there you could probably hire a car to take you to Cabanaconde. This will be much cheaper. You have to pass by Chivay to get to Cabanaconde anyway.

Or if you insist, contact a tour agency to get a quote:

Try Always travel (http://titicacaperu.com/),

You could also check with http://tourrutasdelsur.com/ which also offers the “tourist bus” & tours around Puno/Colca/Arequipa.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
21,890 posts
124 reviews
78 helpful votes
2. Re: Can we hire a taxi to drive us from Puno to Cabanaconde?
Save

The shortest way to get from Puno to Cabanaconde is through Chivay. So like post 1 said, taking a tourist bus to Chivay and then getting a taxi or local bus to Cabanaconde is probably as fast as anything. It is definitely 4-5 hours from Puno - Chivay and another 2 hours or so from there to Cabanaconde.

You could certainly hire a private car and driver to take you the whole way. That will be faster but will cost a lot more. We used Allways Travel, which was also recommended in post 1, for a tour in Puno and were very happy. I'm sure they can arrange a private car/driver to Cabanaconde if you contact them. Your hotel in Cabanaconde or Puno can probably arrange this, too.

5 posts
3. Re: Can we hire a taxi to drive us from Puno to Cabanaconde?
Save

Thanks a lot for your advice! Looks like our best option is to take the bus to Chivay and then Cabanaconde.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
103 reviews
82 helpful votes
4. Re: Can we hire a taxi to drive us from Puno to Cabanaconde?
Save

Hope it's ok for me jump on this post and ask a question? I am catching the Allways bus from Puno to Chivay. Is it easy just to jump on a bus from Chivay to Cabanaconde? Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,412 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
5. Re: Can we hire a taxi to drive us from Puno to Cabanaconde?
Save

Cohunagirl,

There are local buses that cover the route Chivay-Cabanaconde. These are the same buses that come from & back to Arequipa.

According to pachamama hostel in Cabanaconde There is a bus from Chivay to cabanaconde at 13:00 hrs & another one at 14:30.

http://pachamamahome.com/cabanaconde.htm#horariodebus

I think 4M express gets to Chivay by noon, so you would be able to take either of these buses. I am not sure how accurate the schedule is, so you will have to check when you get to Chivay.

The other option would be to hire a taxi.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
103 reviews
82 helpful votes
6. Re: Can we hire a taxi to drive us from Puno to Cabanaconde?
Save

Thank you Pa010

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Can we hire a taxi to drive us from Puno to Cabanaconde?
Save

Yes, you can take the service with 4m and Pachamama. Check the itinerary:

https://colcacanyontour.com/bus-puno-to-cabanaconde-colca.html

Reply to: Can we hire a taxi to drive us from Puno to Cabanaconde?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cabanaconde
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.