We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi's in Himare

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
194 reviews
145 helpful votes
taxi's in Himare

hi, i just wondered if its easy to get around Himare using taxis - I am looking at a hotel that appears to be up quite a steep, dark, badly lit and paved street, but it looks great (views, pool etc) I am a female solo traveler without access ot a car so wondered if its easy to use taxis to get home at night - and cheaply too!

many thanks

6 replies to this topic
Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1. Re: taxi's in Himare

Been trying to research taxi services myself (cant see any other way out of Himare currently!)

If you go on Google maps there is a local taxi driver that has a ton of reviews and seems pretty genuine. He's marked just next to Pizzeria Bella Italia on the map of Spile beach

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
194 reviews
145 helpful votes
2. Re: taxi's in Himare

i asked the guy renting out my apartment if he could recommend someone...i wanted to go 3.4km/7 min drive - €20 round trip!!!! its a scandal, so i refuse to support this kind of tourism scam. if people refuse to pay they'll have to turn their meters on - I've no problem paying a fair price, but this is disgusting. i met someone on the bus in serande and she'd been charged €50 for a 10 min journey 🤬

not sure where you're going but have you tried furgons, I've not managed to figure those out yet but could be an option for you... hitchhiking is the norm here too apparently even for solo females!!

Edited: 31 August 2023, 14:52
Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
3. Re: taxi's in Himare

I've heard that hitchhiking is common but I really don't feel comfortable doing that! I had also heard about furgons but no idea what they generally look like and if I have seen one while in Albania I don't know about it 😂. It is all a mystery and quite daunting as a solo female traveller (which I am too :) ). Are you still in Himare? I have arranged with taxi that I mentioned to take me to Borsh tomorrow and he quoted €30 for half hour journey/20km so I think he's a good one.

If it turns out ok tomorrow and you still would like to use private taxi I can give you his WhatsApp.

I totally agree with you though that it's pretty bad when some people try to exploit tourists. Sure we probably are more well off than most locals but we're not dripping in cash! It's just damaging the tourism economy for your country.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
194 reviews
145 helpful votes
4. Re: taxi's in Himare

that would be great, thank you! taxi drivers are certainly earning more than me at those fares that's for sure!! have fun and happy safe travels :)

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
5. Re: taxi's in Himare

Ok, I can confidently confirm that this Taxi driver, Boni, is 100% legit and a very good driver.

If you want to use his service you can contact direct on +355 69 558 4747.

His number is also listed on Google maps, he is right next to "Apartament Sandri" and "Valo's Fish Taverna"

Rhi
5 posts
1 review
6. Re: taxi's in Himare

Hi, I’m going to Himare and am in a similar situation and I just wondered how you ended up getting on with this? Were the taxis accessible and affordable? My accom is around 5-10 minutes drive from Himare centre

Reply to: taxi's in Himare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Himare
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.