We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attending wedding at Alila - where to stay

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
64 reviews
Attending wedding at Alila - where to stay

I have never been to Bali and unsure of distance and getting around. This is our first trip away as a couple since having a kid. We are wanting somewhere we wont' have to leave other than to go to the wedding.

We aren't interested in markets or nightlife. Just a luxury get away. I do like the beach but beachfront is not a must as not the type or sunbathe or surf. Pool and room service is a must. Would be good if they did massage and beauty.

Budget is pretty generous but Alila offer of US$665 (only breakfast included) a night is a bit much. Probably look somewhere closer to $400 a night unless there are more inclusions.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
23,292 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Attending wedding at Alila - where to stay

Have a look at hotels/resort in Nusa Dua and also Jimbaran.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

2. Re: Attending wedding at Alila - where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 February 2017, 05:35
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: Attending wedding at Alila - where to stay

I did look around for Alila prices but didn't see anything that cheap. Will have to have another go, and check out those hotels you mentioned. Thanks.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Attending wedding at Alila - where to stay

Paulo I think you may be suggesting hotels close to the Alila in Seminyak where as Del has posted in the Uluwatu forum so is probably looking for suggestions for hotels on the Bukit Peninsula!

Although that's not to say you couldnt travel from Seminyak to the wedding but given you are happy to stay within your own resort I would say there are plenty more of options around that area.

You spoke of having a child so I would say people might suggest different places depending on whether you were with or without little ones. If you were with kids id say check out nusa dua or jimbaran options which have some great resorts. Some of these are very traditional and others not so much so this also depends on your personal taste. If you don't have kids in tow there are some spectacular resorts on the cliffs! Also some beautiful villas but as you've said you'd like room service I think resorts would probably suit you better!

If you let us know if you are with or without kids and prefer more traditional or modern let us know and a few more specific suggestions might come up! You have a very good budget for somewhere beautiful that's for sure, as many resorts come up as $$$ but often have Great deals! :)

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,770 posts
206 reviews
5. Re: Attending wedding at Alila - where to stay

Yes Hunter, quite right, I didn't notice the forum as I look at the general Indonesia one. I will delete the post.

Cheers

6. Re: Attending wedding at Alila - where to stay

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2017, 19:50
Perth
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Attending wedding at Alila - where to stay

Paulo although the info might not be what this poster is after a lot of people use the search and the info could have helped someone else so not sure if you can reinstate it

I was just trying to make sure this poster didn't end up near the other hotel if they were aiming for Uluwatu!

It was like once when a friend told me they were booking the Padma for $50 a night...we worked out it was the Casa Padma so confusion is easy when they carry similar (or same) names :)

8. Re: Attending wedding at Alila - where to stay

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2018, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Uluwatu