We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf trip with baby

London
8 posts
Surf trip with baby

My fiancé and I are planning a trip to Uluwatu in April with our 8 month old baby. We'd like to be close to a good surf beach but also one that is family friendly. I was looking at Bingin but it looks like the steps might be a problem. As we won't be able to hire a bike it would also be great to be close to some restaurants. Any recommendations would appreciated?

3 replies to this topic
fairhaven
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Surf trip with baby

Hi pebo. We love Bingin, but the steps down with a baby would be horrible. The beach is very hot and there isn't a lot of shade apart from sitting in the warungs. There are heaps of lovely villas there though. Balangan is a good beach. A few steps down to a long stretch of beach which has lots of warungs, umbrellas and sun beds. There is nothing else in Balangan do and there is a handful of restaurants. x

London
8 posts
2. Re: Surf trip with baby

iThanks for your response babycakes. I figured that Bingin might not be suitable. I'll definitely check out Balangan :)

Mudjimba, Australia
1 post
3. Re: Surf trip with baby

Hi Pebo81,

I'd love to know where you ended up staying and what your recommendation would be if you were to do it again. We're heading over there with a 6 month old. Do you have any accommodation recommendations?

Reply to: Surf trip with baby
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Uluwatu