We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best spots for photography?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Best spots for photography?

I'm planning a day trip from seminyak

With hubs and our 3 year old.

I'm a photographer so I want to take every opportunity for photos and be in cool locations for golden hour/sunset as well as spend the arvo at a beach for swimming. We don't mind carrying the wee one down some steps.

I'm thinking bingin beach, blue point and the rock bar at sunset.

Am I on the right track? or is there somewhere else you can suggest?

4 replies to this topic
fairhaven
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Best spots for photography?

Hi kpies. Balangan beach near Bingin is also a lovely spot. The view from the cliff is really pretty and the beach is lovely. Go at sunset and there are heaps of Brides having their photos there. Bingin is beautiful. Just be aware of the many steps down. Lots of great little warungs on the beach for some great shots. The Cashew Tree up top is a groovy little place for lunch.x

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,347 posts
839 reviews
2. Re: Best spots for photography?

Padang Padang beach is nice at sunset if you can capture boys silhouetted fishing on the big rock on the left near the cliff. Also if you brought a long lens you'll get great surf photos at both Uluwatu beach and Padang Padang. Also you could take a perahu boat ride from Tuban beach and take surf photos from the line up.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Best spots for photography?

Thanks guys great tips! Will be nice to try some surf shots as I'm surrounded my mountains where I live:)

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,347 posts
839 reviews
4. Re: Best spots for photography?

Great idea.

I'm not a sports photographer but I did manage to grab these shots using a Canon 70-200mm f4 lens from a perahu boat that we booked for 2 hours at Airport Left. With either a more powerful lens like 300mm or 400mm or even the faster 70-200mm f2.8 lens probably would have been better:

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPEFiz_…

Reply to: Best spots for photography?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Uluwatu
Recent Conversations