We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tawang trip

3 posts
Save Topic
Tawang trip

I am planning to travel to Tawang and adjacent places mid- may. I am travelling along with my friend, both of us students, so our budget is quite limited. I would like suggestion for budget stay and travel. I do understand that a bus ride to Tawang can be challenging, but we are ready to take the risks, but only if we can get proper information about the bus timings and other details. Also If anyone is interested in sharing cabs, we are open to that too...we plan to head to Tawang on 21st may.

5 replies to this topic
Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tawang trip

There is only 1 weekly bus from Tezpur to Tawang.

You can opt for shared taxis between Guwahati, Bomdila, Tawang. The leave early morning by 5-6am

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tawang trip

Thank you for replying.

Is it possible to get a bus from dirang to tawang? I heard there are buses available.

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tawang trip

No bus, mainly shared sumos.

Bus only up to Bomdila

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tawang trip

And how much will those cost?

Also what is the ticket fare upto dirang?

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tawang trip

Fare approx Rs.700-800/head

Reply to: Tawang trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tezpur