We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning to visit Tezpur, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang, Guwahati

Kolkata
Level Contributor
2 posts
55 reviews
Planning to visit Tezpur, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang, Guwahati

Hello Friends:

I am planning to visit Tezpur, Bhalukpong, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang and back to Guwahati, with my family, in mid May 2013. I need your valuable suggestions on hotels, cabs, restaurants with good food, in all these places. We will be a group 8 family members including children and older persons, so need some serious, good suggestions. I would also like to know about the weather condition in these places during mid-May.

Edited: 23 February 2013, 06:58
12 replies to this topic
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
541 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: Planning to visit Tezpur, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang, Guwahati

1.In may temp will be ok.Though you may get rain in Tawang.

2.Hotels-

Tezpur-KF,KRC,Centre Point.

Bhalukpong-Tourist Lodge.

Bomdila-Tsepal

Dirang-Awoo

Tawang-GKZ.

3.Restaurants

Tezpur-All above mentioned hotels have good restaurants.

Bhalukpong,Bomdila,Dirang-Have no good restaurants.You will have to eat in your hotel.

Tawang-The Dragon(you will get good momos here)

4.You need Inner Line Permit to enter AP.You will get it from Tezpur.You need ID and photo for that(all of you)

If you want to visit BumLa you will have to make another permit for that which you will get in Tawang DC office

2. Re: Planning to visit Tezpur, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang, Guwahati

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 January 2017, 22:35

Porto, Portugal
1 post
1 review
3. Re: Planning to visit Tezpur, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang, Guwahati

Hi Chetan,

I would like to visit Tezpur, Bhalukpong, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang and back to Guwahati next October,....We would be around 6 people (4 adults + 2 child)....I request you to kindly sort us the itinerary with prabable prices for the entire trip...we would like to travel by a sumo....so plz also take that into consideration....also plz guide us for the inner line permit and the cost for it.....

You can reach me at arijitnbu@yahoo.in..

Look forward for your response

Regards,

Dr Arijit Bhattacharjee

Siliguri

West Bengal

Kolkata (Calcutta...
7 posts
4. Re: Planning to visit Tezpur, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang, Guwahati

I would like to visit Tezpur, Bhalukpong, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang and back to Guwahati during last week of May-2015(preferably reaching Guwahati-airport on 25/05/15)....We are 2 adults only.... kindly suggest us the itinerary (for a duration about 7-8 days) with probable prices for the entire trip(considering stay in 3-star hotels, food and all sightseeings)...we would like to travel by a AC-car....so plz also take that into consideration....also plz guide us for the inner line permit and the cost for it.....

Look forward for your response

Regards,

A.Bhowmik

Kolkata

Edited: 30 March 2015, 07:14
Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
508 reviews
5. Re: Planning to visit Tezpur, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang, Guwahati

day 1- Guwahati-Tezpur or Bhalukpong (5hrs) depending on your arrival time in Guwahati

day 2- Tezpur or Bhalukpong (6hrs)- Bomdila, sightseeing (monasteries, ethnographic museum)

day 3- Bomdila-Tawang (8hrs) see Sela pass, Jaswantgarh war memorial on the way

day 4- Tawang sightseeing (Tawang monastery + Madhuri lake, PT Lake, Bumla pass, China border)

day 5- Tawang sightseeing- day tour towards Zemithang (2hrs), Bhutan border

day 6- Tawang-Dirang (8hrs)

day 7- Dirang sightseeing (apple orchards, Yak farm at Nigmadung, Dirang Dzong)

day 8- Dirang-Nameri National Park (6hrs), en route visit Tippi orchidarium

day 9- Nameri: fishing/rafting in Jia Bhoroli river, return to Guwahati (6hrs)

There are no 3-star hotels in that route, you can stay at luxury hotels in Tezpur and Dirang.

Inner Line Permit can be obtained from Arunachal Bhawan office in Kolkata, costs about Rs.75-100/person.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
7 posts
6. Re: Planning to visit Tezpur, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang, Guwahati

Thank you very much for your giving a wonderful plan..

Kindly guide us with a few more queries:

1) What are the usual weather conditions of Arunachal during the May-end??I mean, for travelling will it be a problem??

2) Can you suggest a way or any travel-agency throgh which we can book our hotels and transportation(from Guwahati Airport & return)??

3) If we plan a stopover at Tezpur during our onward journey, what may be the sight-seeing-options around there for a day??

Edited: 31 March 2015, 03:00
Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
508 reviews
7. Re: Planning to visit Tezpur, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang, Guwahati

The weather is generally pleasant with clear skies. there are some chances of some chances of pre-monsoon rain. No chances of roadblocks due to heavy snowfall or landslides.

There is nothing much to see at Tezpur except the riverside Agnigarh hill, few historical ruins and temples (which no longer look historic!). It would be better to stay at Nameri National Park (it is sometimes open till May).

New Delhi, India
9 posts
8. Re: Planning to visit Tezpur, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang, Guwahati

Plz give me suggestions about the trip starting from 18 th May to24th may and plz provide reasonable packages

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
508 reviews
9. Re: Planning to visit Tezpur, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang, Guwahati

18 May: arrival, Guwahati - Bhalukpong (6hrs)

19 May: Bhalukpong - Dirang (7hrs)

20 May: Dirang - Tawang (7hrs)

21 May: Tawang

22 May: Bum La / Zemithang

23 May: Tawang - Tezpur (14hrs)

24 May: Tezpur - Guwahati (5hrs), departure

4 posts
1 review
10. Re: Planning to visit Tezpur, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang, Guwahati

You have mentioned 7 hrs journey from Bhalukpong to Dirang but d distance is only 56 kilometres den yy so much of tym

Reply to: Planning to visit Tezpur, Bomdilla, Tawang, Dirang, Guwahati
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tezpur