We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Florienc

Key West, Florida
2 posts
Travel from Florienc

My grandmother, Claudina Lucignani, was born in this town, and emigrated to the US in 1899. We will be on a tour in July 2014 and have an afternoon free in Florence. Is there someone in Florence that I can make arrangements with to take us there in an afternoon so that we can visit Lucignano at this time.?

7 replies to this topic
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,670 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Travel from Florienc

You'll need to find a private driver. There are lots listed in the 'Things to do" section. I'd get on to it, they get very booked up. It won't be cheap, but you won't be disappointed, it is a lovely place.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,510 posts
65 reviews
2. Re: Travel from Florienc

Take a train to Arezzo...it's about 40 minutes. Pick up a rental car beside the train station and drive yourselves. It's maybe a half an hour drive.

Doing it yourselves will be a fraction of the cost of hiring a car and driver.

Key West, Florida
2 posts
3. Re: Travel from Florienc

Where is the reference for "Things to do". None of us feel that we are comfortable driving in a foreign country and feel that hiring a driver is the best option.

Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,734 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Travel from Florienc

Driving around the Tuscan countryside is no more difficult than driving on country roads in the USA. What are you worried about?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,510 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: Travel from Florienc

"Things to Do" is in the green bar at the top of the page.

If you feel that you can't drive 15 miles in a rental car...so be it.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,734 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Travel from Florienc

My question was genuine. I would really like to know what some people find so worrying about driving in another country.

Torrita di Siena...
Level Contributor
63 posts
44 reviews
7. Re: Travel from Florienc

only 1 day at you disposal to reach Lucignano???I totally agree with you...hire a driver. Price is going to be a bit higher than train/rent a car, but extremly easy to do.Go in Arezzo province section of TA and search for "things to do"....plenty of companies over there!!!

Reply to: Travel from Florienc
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lucignano