We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wow, what a kerfuffle ! !

Bolton
Level Contributor
580 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Wow, what a kerfuffle ! !

Hi all,

Got back yesterday (as I have already posted) and have just managed to read through the 42 pages about the problems at SRLM. (sad I know lol )

I am sooooooooo glad I decided to change hotel, there is definately a difference between someone having a bug or virus, but it sounds to me like it is almost defo a hygeine (food problem). Does anyone know if any staff members were ill to, if so it would have been noticed by guests that certain members were not there the next day, each time I have visited and got talking to staff they always tell you there day off in chatting.

I know things happen at other hotels also and our stay at the PP was no exception and both myself and hubby were ill to.

Him within a couple of arriving had stomach cramps,diahorrea hot sweats whilst feeling frrezing cold and aching allover for 2 days, whereas I was ill a week later, doubled up in pain with stomach cramps feeling sick (but not actually sick) but having severe diahorrea (for 1 day only)

Both our teens absolutely fine no problems what so ever, and no it was definately not over indulgence as it was to hot and humid at night, we couldn't wait to get back to the room most nights to cool off hahahaha !

This small incident as by no means ruined our hols or put us off going back to Cuba in the future (7th visit pending) but on the over hand if I had stayed at the SRLM and had witnessed what Tracey and the others there have gone through, I think that would be it for me.

Regards

Browny123

1. Re: Wow, what a kerfuffle ! !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2011, 08:53
england
Level Contributor
164 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wow, what a kerfuffle ! !

here here!

Blackpool
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wow, what a kerfuffle ! !

Welcome back Browny. I beg to differ David but it is important that people post upon their return so that people who are due to go or are thinking of booking are aware of the current situation. And the said poster was banned because of the arguments and ill feeling she was causing on here - no other reason.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,276 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wow, what a kerfuffle ! !

The OP is just stating the fact that they returned yesterday and are glad they changed.

Just like you two think it should move on now.

Her opinion, your opinion.

Bolton
Level Contributor
580 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wow, what a kerfuffle ! !

Excuse me, I am entitled to read whatever is on here and to add my own tuppence worth thankyou very much. And as the topic has been closed off propably due to a small number of people who know nothing claiming to be experts (oops ! is that classed as heresay ?) I just wrote a new one to let my fellow t/a members know that I had read the posts.............

I have not been here for the last 2 wks, and was affected by the goings on at the SRLM, which resulted in ME taking the decision to move myself and family to a different hotel at short notice and great cost.

Regards

Browny123

6. Re: Wow, what a kerfuffle ! !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2011, 08:53
Blackpool
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wow, what a kerfuffle ! !

Oh here we go again! If you don't like people posting then just don't come on and read them! Simple! How long before this thread gets closed due to petty comments? Browny can say what she wants, where she wants!

Tonbridge
Level Contributor
84 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wow, what a kerfuffle ! !

Time for worldcitizen2 to stop reading these threads I think. I and many others are due to travel to SRLM soon and would like to know what is going on and to read the experiences of travellers who have just returned.

Thanks Browny for your input, much appreciated.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wow, what a kerfuffle ! !

like being in cuba this with all these dictators

Bolton
Level Contributor
580 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wow, what a kerfuffle ! !

I will be posting a review in my own sweet time ! !

Need to write it on paper first check it and double check it, just to make sure I have all my FACTS straight, so as not to cause any civil unrest. All of us regulars on here tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and if we don't know the answers we keep our gobs shut.

So when I do put my review on it will be my honest opinion, and until then if I want to ask anthing or tell anything I will post a new topic. If you don't like it you could always end your membership !

Oh and BTW just wondered who mentioned having an argument ? I come on this site for fun not conflict !

Regards

Browny123

Edited: 09 September 2011, 15:30
Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca
Recent Conversations