We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisas - Gym / exercise

England
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Brisas - Gym / exercise

Is there anyone that has recently returned that can tell me please if the gym has had it's rumoured makeover yet, and failing that is there any sort of structured exercise organised by the entertainment staff? I have been to places where they did Pilates or Tai Chi for example. I know it's sad to be thinking of it on holiday, but I am not good at making myself do stuff unless i Have a class or gym or something!

Thank you!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,335 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisas - Gym / exercise

Loony, care to help??

Cheers

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisas - Gym / exercise

Yep, I believe the gym has some new equipment & has been exteneded into the old kids cub too.

England
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisas - Gym / exercise

Thanks Lou, good to know I can burn off some of the millions of calories I will be having while I am there lol!

Orangeville,Ontario
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisas - Gym / exercise

jennaya, I really admire your drive to exercise, work out,burn up those calories!

I just can't do it, I try and I try but I just keep spilling my drink!

England
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisas - Gym / exercise

Well Jc I am full of good intentions - they may not materialise! I have been losing weight for a long time though and can very easily pile loads on with a couple of weeks of indulgence, so am hoping I can make myself at least do something! Trouble is once I lie on that beach with the free cocktails all my intentions go out the window...... ;-)

Orangeville,Ontario
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brisas - Gym / exercise

Jennaya; Congrats on losing weight, thanks to your good intentions.

My good intention was to quit smoking, which I have and gained for it.

BUTTING out has help pay for this trip!$

I'm sure my son will make good use of the Gym,I'll be the older one beside him huffing away.

Rockwood, Canada
Level Contributor
325 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brisas - Gym / exercise

I am not going to the Brisas but I know what you mean about working out. Last year I started walking long distances 40 to 50 ks a week and I have lost lots of weight. I plan on using the gorgeous beach for my exercise. Walk walk walk. Dont forget when you gain fast you lose fast.

Enjoy your trip. We are going to the Amigo at the end of March

Katie

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisas - Gym / exercise

I can usually gain at least 7lbs in 2 weeks at Brisas ~ ironically I have still only gained 7lbs over 3 and 4 weeks...where is the rhyme or reason in that?

I quit smoking 2 years ago and my ciggie money pays for our extended trips... now if I could cut out food too...lol..lol...

Rockwood, Canada
Level Contributor
325 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brisas - Gym / exercise

I hear you LoonyLou

It is tough trying to lose weight or maintain, But life is too short to give it all up. CONGRATS on the NO SMOKING yahooooooooooooooo

Katie

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brisas - Gym / exercise

Hey, there is nothing worse than a reformed smoker ~ whilst I could easily pick up a cig and smoke it I can not abide the stench of smokers, I cant believe we ever used to smell so rotten. Now the smell of some good homemade cooking with oooooooodles of garlic & lashings of wine is something I would never complain about...lol..

Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca