We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to send room request

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Topic
when to send room request

How many weeks before you travel do you email the resort with your room request?

nova scotia
Level Contributor
270 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when to send room request

I always send a email about a week before, too much earlier and it will be lost or forgotten. If i recieve no reply I then follow it up with another the day before I go. Has worked most times although once I ended up with a ground level room after requesting upper level..

Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when to send room request

I generally send mine two weeks before I go and will follow up a week before leaving. Things have always been as requested.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,388 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when to send room request

Novascotiajellybean

Its not that it will be lost or forgotten but rather longer than 2 weeks the resort may NOT even have your reservation in their system yet. 2 weeks out would be the max. I'd send a request.

Cheers

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: when to send room request

Thank you for your replies. Guess I have to wait a few more weeks before I can email the hotel :( LOL

England
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: when to send room request

I am giong on 5th March, and i read somewhere on here (from one of the regular visitors) that they normally email about 4 weeks before, so I emailed on Sunday and received a lovely reply the next dad.

Of course only time will tell if they actually fulfil my request but I have my fingers crossed :-)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
433 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: when to send room request

I would go with emailing about 2-3 weeks in advance. :)

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
358 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: when to send room request

i sent mine a couple of weeks in advance but didn't get a response until a couple of days before we left. i think 1-2 weeks is fine. you don't want to send it too early as they might brush it aside if sent too early.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,388 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: when to send room request

Its NOT that its brushed aside, misplaced, lost, forgotten,etc. Its that it is NOT in their system until roughly 14 days out.

Cheers

Chatham, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: when to send room request

Hello, we have been to Amigo once, 3 years ago and loved it. We stayed in the main hotel. Are there particular rooms which you would recommend? Can I recharge my Kobo in the room?

Thanks

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: when to send room request

I was told so send a request in about a month before by the reservations Manager at the hotel. Most Brits go for a fortnight so that might make a difference.

Edited: 21 February 2012, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca