We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Amigo vs. Brisas - booking asap

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
212 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Club Amigo vs. Brisas - booking asap

I've researched a bit - OK honestly been researching for months. A few great deals are on, and I'm really torn between these two hotels?? I've read both would be best if "upgraded to a villa".

True? I've spent over 6 hours reading reviews today. AHHH!

I also read slow season starts 15th April!? I'm booking 21st, will some rooms/parts of resort be shut down?

It's about $100 difference for when I want to book, I just cannot CHOOSE! I am going cheap so I can spend on some excursions. I prefer quiet, a good beach, snorkeling. No teen drunk behaviour please. I just want to walk, enjoy, relax, tan, meet people. Both resorts look decent. What's your first gut answer?

Mucho Gracias.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,220 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Amigo vs. Brisas - booking asap

Brisas Villas, no question. Check it out.

http://www.brisas.beep.com/

Cheers

Santiago de Cuba...
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Amigo vs. Brisas - booking asap

If it is about $100 difference between these hotels then I would take the Brisas. Brsas is known to be the nicer of the 2 hotels by a smidgen or two..

I would be inclined to believe that the younger drunk behavior would be more prevalent at the less starred and less expensive Club Amigo. Plus, Club Amigo is closer to the public beach where the music can be loud until the wee hours. Then again, there is the middle-aged drunk and elderly drink behavior to contend with also!! You could get that at either place. Have your self a restful, fine holiday!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
212 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Amigo vs. Brisas - booking asap

Thanks Guys, great posts, super link. I just can't get over prices right now! Wow. So I guess Brisas Guardalavaca it is! Bergerman that's the craziest link ever. Impressive and appreciated.

Cheers

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,220 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Amigo vs. Brisas - booking asap

Thats from our good friend and TA Destination expert LoonyLou. She knows all there is to know about the Guardalavaca area and speciffically Brisas. Its her second home

Cheers

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Amigo vs. Brisas - booking asap

Brisas, very good food and the hotel is not that big and it looks realy nice.

I am glad we didn't book Amigo, to big, some areas looked very run down and what i heard from other Dutch travelers the food was so so.

Skelton, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Amigo vs. Brisas - booking asap

Brisas if u want relaxing. Even if u book the hotel you can stroll over to the villa pool and set your stall up there. Very quite and restful . If you want a change hang out at the hotel pool. Plenty of bars and places to eat to keep you occupied.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
94,600 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Amigo vs. Brisas - booking asap

Choose Brisas every time over Club Amigo. It's worth much more than $100 difference.

Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Amigo vs. Brisas - booking asap

Our Travel Agent refers to Club Amigo as "The Barracks". We have a tour planned for the Brisas next week as we plan on going there next year if all works out.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
94,600 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Amigo vs. Brisas - booking asap

Jimbo:

It's only the Guardalavaca section that is known as 'The Barracks'. These blocks were built by the Russians. You then have the Atlantico Hotel, often referred to as the Tropical rooms, the Bungalows (previously known as the Cameleon Club}, then the latest section, the Villas. Basically it's four hotels rolled into one.

halifax
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Club Amigo vs. Brisas - booking asap

ALWAYS the Brias or anywhere!! over Amigo.

Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca