We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

west bay hoilday homes own your own

4 posts
west bay hoilday homes own your own

Hello there I was just wondering if I buy a hoilday home at west bay for 25 k can I stay there 365 days a year or is it seasonal?? Regards carl

Calypso, North...
Level Contributor
888 posts
1 review
1. Re: west bay hoilday homes own your own

People seem to live through all seasons, happily on Roatan, even through the rainy and windy months.

If you're getting a home for $25,000 this might become an issue if it gets windy or rainy, however. Homes in this price range are likely to blow away, melt or fall over... onto someone else's property.

I'm not seeing much in that price range.

4 posts
2. Re: west bay hoilday homes own your own

Theres a few selling on parkdean website for 12k I was just thinking its cheaper than buying a house I'm only 21 but for 25k could be a good first time investment and would be good to take a year off work now and then and go chill down the pier with a fishing rod lol... And iv not heard of any hoilday homes melting blowing over or flying ect ect pol

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,540 posts
138 reviews
3. Re: west bay hoilday homes own your own

We've spent 12 weeks on the island... planning another 8 next spring... and I wouldn't even consider buying a house there without a ton more research.

Best advice... you don't know enough about the market there to consider real estate an investment. Go... visit... rent... enjoy... let somebody else take the risks. Both owning and maintaing property in a developing country with, shall we say, "flexibility" in legal matters - can be seriously problematical.

4 posts
4. Re: west bay hoilday homes own your own

Island I'm talking about west bay in bridport by dorset

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
5. Re: west bay hoilday homes own your own

You should rent for at least several months. See if day to day living is OK for you. Certainly research property laws. You will need a local lawyer. It's not all that hard. Foreigners can own real estate via a corporation. I don't know about the flexibility crack. Easier to own land in Honduras than Mexico. Start making a list of every possible question. If you don't have at least a couple hundred you aren't done.

Calypso, North...
Level Contributor
888 posts
1 review
6. Re: west bay hoilday homes own your own

OP wrote- "Island I'm talking about west bay in bridport by dorset"

This is a forum for the island of Roatan located off the Caribbean coast of Honduras. The place you are talking about is in England.

Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
7. Re: west bay hoilday homes own your own

Yup some still drink there stouts early in the mornings...we see...LOL!?

8. Re: west bay hoilday homes own your own

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 01:20